1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running I GOT SCREWED in fantasy football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You could always go with Richard Todd. Or Matt Robinson. Pat Ryan perhaps?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And as it turned out, it wouldnt have mattered. Even if the Giants had won, this was such an easy week that I would have been in 28th and out of the prizes... still 251st of 12K-plus aint bad. Still sucks that I didnt win squat on my best week.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

what a fucking buncha fantasy loosers

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wait, BYH, you are complaining because Carson Palmer scored too many points against you? He did next to nothing against the Colts' crappy defense.

I'm cursing Palmer for not doing enough. I needed 24 combined points out of Rudi Johnson, Palmer and Houshmanzadeh (I'm too lazy to check that spelling). Figured I had a shot the way the Colts were playing defense, but they didn't do much of anything after Johsnon's early TD.

Of course, I turn on the game just in time to see the Colts' fifth-string safety knock away a potential touchdown pass from Palmer to Houshmanzadeh that would have been enough to put me in the title game.

Of course, if I do the "stupid" thing and play Rex Grossman over Palmer, I'm still alive.

I really need to stick to fantasy baseball.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You want suck?

I had Larry Johnson and Drew Brees and TJ Whoseyermama in both my leagues.

Generally, stellar. First playoff game? Bubkis.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I'm with dog, I got absolutely fucked by Philip Rivers (my QB in all four leagues -- i wanted to look like the genius -- which was OK until this week). Rudi's poor performance against a terible Colts D and piece of shit Chad Johnson also did me in.

Damnit.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Jesus Christ, I don't know where to start...

- Prior to the season, traded Kevin Jones for A. Boldin.

- Started Grossman over Rivers in the infamous Arizona MNF choke job.

- Cut Donald Driver for Deon Branch.

- Didn't play Vick during his FRAUD three-game hot streak.

- Had Dunn, McGahee and Portis as my top running backs.

And to think I finished 4-10, dead fucking last in my league. ::)

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Nobody got it worse than me this weekend. My teammate and I settled on the Buffalo defense, dumping Carolina for its string of inept performances. I was certain I changed the lineup, and my teammate didn't check it as he was plugging in Reggie Bush (nice move!) in at RB.
    So Buffalo shuts out Miami and scores 16.
    Carolina gets thumped by Pittsburgh and goes -1.
    A net 17-point loss.
    We lose our playoff semifinal by 3 when the Bengals put Chad Johnson in their hip pockets.

9. Didn't want the Fantasy Football league for the mathmatically challenged to be forgotten, since it came at the beginning of this thread. What is the point of playing in a league like this? BTW, I lost my first round playoff game 111.02 - 111.86. No particular move but ffffffffuuuuuuucccccckkkkkk!!!!

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Rivers' suck-tacular performance did me in this week too.
    But, for the first time in three years, I snuck into my league's top playoff bracket despite losing my last 3 games.
    It's a four-team bracket and I wound up in a three-way tie for the last 2 spots. Lost the first tiebreaker for the No.3 seed, but won the No.4 seed on total points despite losing to the team I snuck past for the spot this week.
    Woo-hoo!

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HA HA!

12. danhawks

danhawks Member

Geez! You're telling me that there was a deflected pass that would have been a Housh touchdown? That's all I would have needed for a win and a chance to get into the finals, and second place payout of about $1500. I came into the night needing about 20 points combined from Palmer and Housh, and instead, they shat the bed for a whopping total of 10!

Draft saved Draft deleted