1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running I GOT SCREWED in fantasy football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Dec 18, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

How did it go bad if you had Manning the year he set the TD record?

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I had no good No. 2 QB, and then the Volek bullshit happened in the semifinals.

3. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

I'll join the legion of Marvin Harrison haters. I was up 17 points with Chad Johnson and Vinatieri going tonight. My opponent had Harrison and Shayne Graham. I lost by six stinkin' points and lost $160 for winning the semifinals and a chance at $490 next week in the Superbowl. Fuck Marvin Harrison, and fuck the Colts. Can't they run at least once inside the 5.

4. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Shayne Graham is getting a Christmas card from me. His 10 points gave me, the eighth seed, a one-point victory over a guy who lost once all season. The same guy, as a rookie, kept a running back named Biakabutuka going into the 2000 season, because Touchdown Tim was a Michigan Guy, and dropped another running back, a stiff by the name of Faulk. Who won me the title. It has to suck to be him.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Same boat. Won the regular season, then that fucktard Volek got me knocked out by my freaking sister.

I appear to be in the opposite boat this year, Peyton Manning might have saved my ass.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Losing once all year and then losing in the semis...I'd off myself.

It's all luck. I hope I go 8-6 and win it all next year, sans Joey Harrington. Bastard.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

oh, and I just remembered: if the Cardinals aren't such fuckups, Neil Rackers' 40-yd FG is good and I win by two.

Instead, they're flagged for a penalty--I think it was general suckiness--and Rackers misses from 50. So of course if Neil Rackers isn't such a fuckup one year after his great *cough steroid-enhanced cough* year, he hits that 50-yarder like it's nobody's business and I win by more than two.

Screw you Neil. I'll take care of you after I take care of Joey.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's the Joey Harrington Steve Maricucci knows!

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Did you get points from Harrington? Hell, if you got absolutely nothing from the guy, you came out better than I did with Philip freakin' Rivers.

Rivers contribution this week: 97 yards, 2 INTs, 0 TDs = -1.33.

Thanks to this hack, the defending two-time champ has been eliminated.

And by the way, I started the year with Kurt Warner and Drew Bledsoe as my QBs. I then picked up Leftwich and Volek. And the only reason I ever ended up with Rivers was because some guy who also had Peyton and Vick in his lineup, decided to drop Rivers to grab some other player.

That this shitty team was in the semifinals came down to one thing: Coaching.

I suck at drafting (mostly because I never participate), but my pregame and halftime speeches are Lombardi-like.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit like this makes me more determined to win next year with some second-tier QB. If I'm going to get screwed in the playoffs, may as well get screwed by a guy who was never that good in the first place instead of Brady or Rivers or Brees or Palmer...some guy you spend a lot of $$$ on.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

So, Brett Favre then?

Seriously, I'll suggest Tarvaris Jackson, the Vikings' QB of the future. He'll probably cost you early, but he'll only get better as the year goes.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Who knows. I'm starting Jason Campbell in the consolation game. I got him for $2 late in the year, maybe he'll be worth keeping as a backup for next year, figuring Gibbs might be able to work some magic with him.

I can tell you Joey Harrington will not be drafted or acquired by me. Ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted