1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "how do I do this in InDesign?" thread.

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by wickedwritah, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That is not correct. JPGs cannot save layers (which is what you need if you knock out the background in a cutout). Save them as EPSs, TIFFs or PSDs.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Thanks, I haven't done that is so long, I bow to your superior knowledge as always.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Maybe a place I can ask this ...

Downloaded the CS3 trial. Created a document using that CS3 trial program. Trial expires.

Now I'm trying to open that document to make changes. Only version the local Kinko's have is CS2; won't let me open the document in CS2.

Is there any way to get this thing open?

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Go to your local university. Get a student to let you in the computer lab and sign you in. Go to town.

5. captzulu

captzulu Member

Can you install the CS3 trial version again (maybe give them a different e-mail) and do this:
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/InDesign/5.0/help.html?content=WSa285fff53dea4f8617383751001ea8cb3f-6d4d.html

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I tried, zulu, and it recognizes that it's been on my system, even if it was registered under another name.

7. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

How do i create a palette to store photo caption boxes, mug boxes, subheds, pull quote boxes, etc., etc., etc...

8. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

Go to file>New library and create, name and save your library. Then drag various boxes into it, double clicking on them gives you the option to name the various library items. Voila.

9. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Thanks Smokey. I appreciate it.

Draft saved Draft deleted