1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "how do I do this in InDesign?" thread.

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by wickedwritah, Sep 3, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

OK, figured this might be the best way of handling it, because I'm going to have some questions in the coming weeks.

Two questions to start out:
    1. How do I change the text vertical alignment in a text box? I want the text centered in the box, not at the top.
    2. How do I do a text inset? I want a 1p inside on the inside.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Both are done with Control or Apple + B, which brings up a menu which has both options.

Both are easy. Enjoy.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Can I pay you to be my InDesign instructor?

Mods: Any chance this can be stickied?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How much is it worth to you?

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Just to be an ass, there is no such thing as the Apple button. It's called the command key. That's what the stupid InDesign guy kept yelling at us through the entire training program. :D

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When they stop printing an apple on the key, it'll be called the command key. Until then, apple, anyone?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Next question: I am trying to show invisibles (paragraph marks). Tips?

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hmmm ... I never used paragraph marks. I do know F7 turns guides on and off.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Normally that is the case, but I'm using CS3. Wondering if that makes a difference, cuz it's not working here.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Damn. I never used CS3. I may be useless to you on a few subjects; I can't imagine too much has changed, though.

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

apple+option+I to toggle invisibles

indesign calls it showing hidden characters, and it can be found under the type menu as well

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm back!

1. How do I set tabs in InDesign? Still haven't found a way how. I'm sure it's wicked simple.

Draft saved Draft deleted