1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Home Run Derby thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "This is the competition that gets results!"

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Even Joe Torre thinks this thing is dragging.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Cruz played at LSU? I don't think so.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I'm an LSU fanboi and I don't remember him.
    And, sure enough, according to his Rangers bio he did not play in college. He's from the Dominican Republic.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was my "I don't think so" said as Kevin in "Home Alone.". In other words, no.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I work with a fanboi that watches Maynor play in the summer league on ESPN.

I'll enjoy saying good morning to him.

He did coach Verlander in AAU, and they also played Wright and the Uptons. Shit, Virginia AAU baseball was pretty loaded 6-7 years ago.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Prince Fielder's HR Derby win is the most significant moment in Brewers' All-Star history by miles ... which tells you a whole lot about the Brewers' damn near anonymous presence in the All-Star Game over their history.

8. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Be happy, then. Cardinal sheeple stuffed the ballot box, so we've got Freaking Molina as the NL starter in lieu of Brian McCann. Also, Rafael Soriano's sitting at home with his 1.48 ERA and 0.89 WHIP. But hey, at least we've got Zach Duke! Winnar!

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hey, 'some people believe' Brandon Inge may be the greatest-fielding third baseman in the history of baseball. * [/detroitbeatwritersslurpingleylandskoolaid]. So who cares if he hits .235??

:eek: :eek: ::) ::)

* this opinion has actually been seriously voiced in the last few months. ::) ::)

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I have this thing on the DVR. I think I may have to skip it and save my bleeding ears for Tim McCarver tomorrow.

11. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Ugh. Thanks for reminding me that we get the worst one-two punch in broadcasting in this deal: Morgan tonight and McCarver tomorrow night .. :(

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Oh. I was originally thinking of Berman, but by all means, include Morgan in this conversation, too. :)

It was bad enough that I had to listen to Morgan the night before, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted