1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Home Run Derby Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Hey, to help out Ledbetter AND spice up the HR Derby, have the guys hit off of tees?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who beat?

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

As an aside ...

Would it be mildly appropriate to say in bed to your significant other, ala Berman, "Back! Back! Back! Back! Back! Back! BBBBBBack!"

???

:)

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

make them hit the opposite of their natural hand. Switch hitters get to throw for the fences from second. I mean, David Wright just hit more than a dozen. This clearly isn't a measure of anything.

5. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

the people of swickley (sp?) and mckeesport love boomer.

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

you know, the city thing is like the band that inserts the name of the city they're playing into the song. Yeah, it's pandering, and yeah, it shows a lack of conviction or guts or anything, but I don't have too much of a problem with it. It's a chance for Pennsylvanians watching at home to get to hear the name of their town. My problem is that Berman trots them out on EVERY HOME RUN. Wright's last went about three rows into the stands, and Berman pulled out McKeesport. Come on, dude. Tired isn't even the word for him anymore.

7. nice job by bonnie b, though. great uni from the looks of things.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

She does look very good. Think she got a facial?

Because, you know, she has really clear skin. Very toned.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Does Big & Rich have compromising photos of Berman? Why in God's name are they at every ESPN event? I kept hoping they'd light on fire with the pyrotechnics, but no such luck.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

AJ Pierzynski, in an obvious attempt to prove he's not the asshole everyone thinks he is, pulls a page out of Jason Kidd's book and brings his infant child to an interview...and therey confirms everything you've ever heard about him. Oh well at least his daughter has a smaller head than T.J. Kidd.

David Wright cursed!! Oh no!!! But he's so dreamy and perfect!

Yeah! I always liked it when Huey Lewis put HARTFORD into "The Heart of Rock-n-Roll!"  :D

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Also, my favorite Joe Morgan moment thus far: When he says Jose Reyes needed time to adapt to New York.

Yes. He also had to cure whatever ailed his hamstrings before he could hit his stride (so to speak).

Joe, you are a clueless asshole.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is it really a thrill of some kind for people to hear the name of their towns?

Draft saved Draft deleted