1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running GOOD NEWS in journalism thread

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thesnowman, May 29, 2009.

1. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Our paper just made room for an online editor position. Still no copy editors, though.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Awesome!

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

All eligible employees here (excluding the 12 top executive team members) got a 2 percent salary bump, retroactive to May 1.

We're buying a new press ... $12.5M or so.

The newsroom won 25 Louisiana-Mississippi APME awards this past week.

Not a bad week.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I got a 3% raise yesterday.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I made my first hire in four years today.

6. alex.riley21

alex.riley21 Member

I've been at my job less than a full year, moving from South Carolina to Texas in the process. Last week, I was informed I was being given one of the three raises given out in our department, beating out three people who have been her for FAR more time than myself. It's the first time our company has given raises in more than two years. Wasn't much money, but still kind of pumped.

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

We had a visitor's tab/history tab last month that kicked butt big time. It was mostly history. I got to learn a lot about the city's history in the process (moved here to start a new paper fall 2008) and the tab looked great. A month later, we still have people coming in and giving us kudos for it.
    Oh, and my last evening meeting for a while was July 19. Last one until after Labor Day. There is a meeting Aug. 16, but I'll actually be on vacation (!!!) that night. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted