1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running French Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, May 23, 2009.

1. The Tennis Network was interviewing one of the Bond villainesses while Rafa was struggling in Set Two. I think that may be your only TV shot.
    Too late anyway, it seems.

2. Garfield

Garfield New Member

I think NBC is showing it when its coverage starts at 3 p.m. That's my only thinking as to why Tennis Channel didn't air it.
    Great moment for Soderling.

3. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Tennis Channel completely biffed on this one - they're showing Davydenko/Verdasco on Suzanne Lenglen (I think). EPIC FAIL.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last time I said Holy Shit when I saw a tennis score, but I did just now when I saw that Nadal lost.

Stunning. If Federer is ever going to win the French, this would have to be the year.

5. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Yup. With Rafa and Djokovic both out, this would seem to open up the draw nicely for Federer. Though he is in Roddick's quarter of the bracket and Andy seems to be having a bit of a resurgence himself this year. Should be entertaining.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

But you know Roddick will choke, as usual.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

1) Serena won the match.

2) Video replay showed that the ball did hit her opponent's arm, meaning her opponent did, in fact, cheat, or at least not fess up to the chair umpire.

Try harder.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not sure how it's choking when he's gotten further than ever at the French or if he loses to somebody who's better on clay.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

NBC has first call on matches on the day they are on. Whatever match NBC takes cannot be shown elsewhere. Think about it: it would give people less reason to watch NBC's coverage, which would not please their advertisers.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Soderling beating Nadal on clay ranks as one of the biggest upsets in the last 20 years. Unbelievable!!

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Alright Andy, that side of the draw is now there for the taking!

Nice straight sets win over Cilic, by the way.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fine. How about Roddick will lose a big match, as always.

Draft saved Draft deleted