1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running French Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, May 23, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

He's going to have to do more than beat Juan Ignacio Chela --- impressive as it was --- to become a factor in a red clay tournament. I think Murray's best chance may be on a hard court. Suits his game and I suspect the pressure on him at Wimbledon year after year may be too much to handle, just as it was for Tim Henman.

Watching a women's match and still trying to get used to the phrase "World No. 1 Dinara Safina". Of all the Russians, I would have thought Kuznetsova or Dementieva to have a better shot at someday becoming no. 1 than Safina. But, hey, if Safina can do it, so can Victoria Azarenka.

What ever happened to Daniella Hantuchova? Women's tennis isn't the same without her.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

He's world No.3 and has a 6-2 record against Federer all-time.

Saying outside of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic men's tennis is a sham is way off.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And del Potro is quickly becoming a factor as well. To say men's tennis consists of essentially three people is kinda silly.

4. sportschick

Roddick wins for the first time since 2005. Maybe JandE made the right choice :D

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

What I will say for Roddick is that he has seemed a little different this year. Little more focused, little closer to where he was at his peak.

6. sportschick

Maybe it's cause he's done chasing girls? You're right though. He seems more, well, with it these days. I'll still be surprised if he makes the second week at Roland Garros. He did look good today though.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This thread fails without Ana Ivanovic.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

:D :D

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

I see your Ivanovic ...

[​IMG]

... and raise you a Maria Sharapova

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. sportschick

If we're playing this game, some Marat for the girls

[​IMG]

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Sorry, but that's the truth right now. I would give you 50-1 odds of anyone else winning the title.

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

You can take Djokovic and Federer off the list and the odds would be the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted