1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running French Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, May 23, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

IIRC, he said similar things about Pete when he won Wimbledon for his 13th, but yea, it does carry a lot of weight. McEnroe's seen a lot of tennis.

2. sportschick

And Sampras says Fed's the greatest ever, as well. http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-frenchopen-sampras&prov=ap&type=lgns

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'm wondering --- and I have not read anything official --- that ESPN2 will take part of the daytime and let Tennis Channel take the primetime stuff.

Most of the baseball, football (college and preseason pro) and car racing will go on main ESPN, so they might be able to make this work. USA was on from 11 am ET - 5 pm ET and then back from 7 pm ET- conclusion for 10 straight days and nights (except when CBS had daytime coverage over the Labor Day weekend). Either way, there will be plenty on air, we'll just have to look for it in different places.

Some people criticize the NHL and IRL for taking money from Versus to leave former rights holder, so it will be interesting to see how this works out.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I was kind of hoping for Federer to lose so I could go with with SWISS MISS for a headline. I don't have shit for him winning.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Mark, I already pointed out what the TV coverage schedule is going to be, but evidently you forgot it already, so here it is again.

http://www.usopen.org/2009_Schedule/TV_Schedule.aspx

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

for those who didn't see it...

Pwned.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That's the guy who interrupted the Euro 2004 final by throwing an FC Barcelona flag at Luis Figo, a former player for that team who went to their rival club, Real Madrid.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The same guy? YIKES!!

9. sportschick

He's disrupted some other sporting events too. He's a freak.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Someone does that in the U.S., there wouldn't be a second time. His ass would be locked up.... and not just for a weekend.

11. [​IMG]

Morganna disagrees....and so does George Brett.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted