1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running final season--seasons?--of Scrubs thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Oct 25, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Re: Running final season of Scrubs thread.

I'm not breaking new ground here but this season is about JD and Elliott finally getting together.

Last night's episode needed Ted.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I told my friend exactly that last night -- not about Ted. It was pretty clear when Elliot walked into the delivery room and JD said something like, "She knows me so well." (I forget what he actually said.) It's tailor-made for them getting back together. Of course, it might just be a huge set-up. And if you've ever heard Bill Lawrence's interviews, that wouldn't surprise me, either.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The JD-Kim thing was just awful from the start. I've been watching from the start and it just killed the show for me. I also agree that they are starting the slow set-up towards JD-Elliot, but they could have taken a little longer to split she and Keith.

Where was Izzy when they were playing video games at the hospital?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I wondered that, too. I'd assume sleeping at the house. Terrible, terrible parents that Turk and Carla. But at least they beat the game.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How many times has he appeared on that show now? Three times?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think so. He does a lot of musical work for them, too.

7. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

After episode 1, I turned to my buddy and said, "Remember when Scrubs used to be funny?". I thought last night's was better, but the show has become inverted. It used to be really funny with touching/serious moments interwoven, but it has become a half-hour drama with funny/silly moments worked into it. As much as I love the show, I'm glad this is the last season, and I'm glad they only ordered 18 episodes.

And as a slight thread jack, I just bought season 6 on DVD this week, and even though it says on the box that there is a gag reel, I can't find it anywhere on the discs. It's looking more and more like they screwed up and mislabeled the box, but if anyone knows where I can find it on the set, I would really appreciate it.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

For Christmas, I'm gonna ask for every season on DVD. Gonna miss this show so much *sniff, sniff*

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Janitor slapping hands with Kelso--"We get along at night"--was hilarious.

I agree the whole baby storyline is inexplicable. It's like they signed Elizabeth Banks (who is just scorching hot) to a 12- or 14-episode deal then realized after one or two shows that, shit, we don't have anything for her to do. And I'm not a huge fan of reuniting JD and Elliott. I mean, after he told her he doesn't love her, there's nowhere else to go, right?

Still...the show is so well-written. And while I agree the show can't seem to figure out what it wants to be--is it a zany 30-minute comedy or a heartfelt 30-minute dramedy?--I thought Kelso being there for a son he's been mad at for so long was really touching.

Oh, and that's not Nurse Roberts. That's her twin. Bill Lawrence said if the show got renewed he'd find a role for the woman who played Nurse Roberts. So he wrote her twin into the show.

10. KG

KG Active Member

The way they slip in things like that--a normally uncaring person having a heart-warming moment--is one of the reasons I really like this show. You watch it for the comedy, but ever so often they make you say "awww."

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

He had such a great upbringing, I can't imagine why he would be a mess or anything.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I blame Edin.

Draft saved Draft deleted