1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running FCS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 28, 2011.

1. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Montana's also been pretty dang stout most of those years and there wasn't a good argument not to let them host. I do think two 8-3 teams did get to host, so you could be right. If they lose to Montana State, they may get to host on Thanksgiving weekend. At 9-2 and with a win over MSU, they'll host the next weekend. It would be ridiculous if they are 8-3 and hosting on the second weekend.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think they will host at 8-3 on the second weekend, but not in the quarterfinals if they get there.

Other than the five seeds, three other teams will host games on that second weekend. My best guess is that Old Dominion, Montana and Appalachian State will be those three teams. I'm not sure Lehigh can outbid any of them. Wofford seems to always get sent on the road. Towson won't host over any of those three. Neither will New Hampshire. Maine might, but I think Maine will be one of the seeds.

We'll see how it plays out ...

Also, I'm calling Furple over App State this weekend. Typical letdown game against a motivated team on the road.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

North Dakota State is in a similar boat at Indiana State on Saturday. If Indiana State wins, they vault into playoff bye territory as they are currently 11th in the GPI (NDSU is No. 1).

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm also picking that one in my projections this week ... ISU Blue desperately needs that one. Not sure the Sycs are going to get in at 7-4, especially with the loss to ISU Red.

5. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Can't believe Jax State lost to Watson Brown and TTU...ugh!

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Post is already hyping Lehigh vs Georgetown next week. Gotta assume if Georgetown wins, which I doubt, they'll get run right out of the I-AA tournament in the first round. But Lehigh is pretty bad ass.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've seen Lehigh up close this year. Mountain Hawks will take the Hoyas by three scores. Their offense is legit.

8. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Tennessee Tech goes down. Winner of Jax State/EKU takes over OVC.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This just in ... NDSU is VERY good.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

NDSU has been among the very best football teams in the country at DII and at FCS for almost 40 years. It's a quality, quality program.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Been on the North Dakota State bandwagon for a while in voting for The Sports Network Top 25.

Just turned in my ballot with North Dakota State at the top, Sam Houston State right below and Montana State nestled in third.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago, Sam's opponents' composite record was horrible, or so I'm told.

Still? And if so, meaningful?

Draft saved Draft deleted