1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running FBC bowl game thread ... The Tim Tebow song edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hammer Pants, Dec 12, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

FBC running 2008 bowls-still-lamer-than-a-playoff thread

2. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Best "mid major" bowl game?

Boise-TCU or Ball State-Tulsa?

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2008/12/coming_to_bryantdenny_the_fail.html

Here's some hilarity from my good friend, Gentry Estes.

"The Fail Room."

4. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I suspect both Alabama and Georgia will have nice seasons next year that will pale in comparison to Florida, who'll bring everyone back.

After that, all bets are off. Both the Tide and the Dawgs will have some solid QB talent coming in.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know if they'll have everyone back, because I think Harvin and Spikes (especially Spikes) are as gone as the wild goose in winter. Tebow probably stays, but those two would be crazy to stick around.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the dancing more than the music in the Tim Tebow song.
    Best two bowl games, I think, will be Ole Miss and Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl and the BCS title game with Oklahoma and Florida.
    Boise-TCU should also be a good game.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Those should certainly all be high-scoring tilts.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Penn State-USC could be OK if Penn State's defense plays well. A 17-10 game would be kind of a refreshing change from most of the bowls.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Disagree slightly, Buck-Dub. Chickens fans are OK, loyal as all get out and nowhere NEAR as delusional as Clemson fans.

South Carolina fans are grateful for their teams and the efforts of the people involved. Clemson fans are some of the ugliest, vile dreamers to walk the Earth.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

And yet, Clemson fans pale in comparison to the Big Blue Nation. Therefore Clemson fans can't possibly be as bad as all that. :D

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I dunno. Those people give dreamers a bad, bad name. Not to say Big Blue pales ... but seriously ...

12. 2muchcoffeeman

If you don't believe me, ask IJAG. Kentucky fans are the worst fans in America --- bunch of spoiled idiots who will tell you in everyday conversation that they're entitled to an NCAA basketball championship every couple of years and if they don't get it the coach should be fired.

Draft saved Draft deleted