1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Fantasy Football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 26, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I have Brady and Moss in my main league. Thank goodness I also have Westbrook, the NE-D and a playoff spot locked up.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How do you Westbrook owners feel about him taking the knee at the 1 instead of running it the rest of the way in for the TD?

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

In one league I'm in I was playing a team that has Brady and Moss in the semis and I think I'm winning there (even though I had David Garrard on the bench, opted to do the smart thing and start Hasselbeck instead).

Other league, the person who set it up forgot to set up a playoff, so its a 17 week season, and I'm playing a team that has Brady and Moss there this week as well.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Real life: classy move. Fantasy: YOU G*DDAMN, MOTHERFUCKING CUM-STAIN! SCORE, YOU MOTHERFUCKER, SCOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRREEEE!

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Both Brady teams in my leagues...struggled. One hasn't lost yet, but leads a team with AP and Longwell by 10, with the Bears D still to play for him.

Oddly, both teams own Brady, LT and Marion Barber. Suffice to say, neither is pleased.

I, on the other hand, reached a championship game despite Welker's 4 and Braylon's 8. Thanks go out to the Pats' D and Mason Crosby.

And if anyone has a recommendation between Kurt Warner home to Atlanta and David Garrard home to Oakland, I'll listen. I'm leaning toward Warner, though I expect both to again put up about the same numbers, as they've done the past two weeks.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I would like to thank Aaron Stecker for becoming my team's MVP over the last few weeks. Two TDs already today, probably more to come as it looks like a wild one in New Orleans. Reggie Who?

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Sat Stecker in favor of Maroney against the 'Phins. I have that sinking feeling that it's going to cost me a championship. Crap. And Westbrook better get his shit together, too.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, if you were talking about my league, you are leading 78 to 10.5.

You have Maroney left and I have Brady, Adrian Peterson, LaDanian Tomlinson, Vernon Davis and the Titans defense against the Jets.

You have a chance, but it is going to take another outing like last week for Brady.

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Which is why I'm not liking my chances. I have Brady, Moss and AP on my main squad. Right now, I'm just praying for a "just enough" outing from them, then have LDT & the Titans throw a stink-bomb.

Yeah, as if.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Your chances are looking better, PhilaYank, thanks to those two picks Brady just threw.

Let's see, you lead 95-61 and have Maroney still playing.
    I have Brady still playing, Vernon Davis still playing and the Titans defense still playing. LT and AD still left.
    Your odds are improving greatly.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn. I'm down 37 with two players left.
    AD and LT vs. no one for PhilaYank. Let's go Vikings.

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Angola, do I get some sort of special, Phil Garner-type recognition/award in this league for taking a last-place team not only to the championship, but winning the whole damn thing? I mean, shit, how the hell have I won all these games with QBs like Campbell & Garrard?

Anyway, thanks for inviting me into the league. Forced me to become a little more resourceful.

Draft saved Draft deleted