1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Fantasy Football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 26, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you have Favre, you start him. End of discussion. Hell, I'm starting Tarvaris Jackson. If I had Favre, well, that wouldn't happen.

And Lynch's backup is Fred Jackson, and if you have both, play both.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I <3 Randy Moss. ;D

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Thank goodness I am playing bye this week, because I am losing by 16.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ugh. Ran into the double whammy of playing Brady and having Good Adrian Peterson in my lineup. I'm losing by 115 points in a first-round playoff game. Still have McGahee, Derrick Mason, Roddy White and Drew Brees, but it's not looking good.
    How many seasons did Peterson kill today?

5. Not me. I've got Chester Taylor.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So do I. He was on my bench :'(
    And now the Colts are up 21-0, which means McGahee's numbers are going to go to shit. I hear a fat lady singing in the distance...

7. I have AP, but he didn't factor into my game....in was never really in doubt, but Peyton is putting it away for me.

8. Well, I went with Garrard, and he and Favre turned out to produce the exact same amount of points in our league. Overall, the main lineup mistake I made was starting Chris Henry instead of McDonald, an 8 point difference. I still would have needed a MONSTER game from Roddy White against the Saints though to make a difference because I'm down right now by 42 points. Not saying it's not possible against the Saints generous passing defense, but not likely.

I thought I had made a great move getting Buffalo's D against Miami only to have my opponent outscoring me with Seattle's D, 23 to 22. How many times does a 20-plus point defense in fantasy get outscored in a head to head matchup for Pete's sake? Plus, my opponent had Hasselbeck who had a day like Favre, Romo and Brady have had most weeks this season. And he had Lee Evans and Burress, both of whom had good games.

Oh well, even if I'd had my best lineup out there, I still would have needed a 20-plus point night from White. My opponent just had a bunch of players who had monster days.

Thanks for all the help in this, my first fantasy season.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

That made me LOL.

I'm also playing bye, but I finished with 151 points (viva La Brady to Moss!).

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How much will the snow in New England this weekend slow down Brady & Moss?
    The team I'm facing in the semifinals this week has both of them. Will they be slowed down enough so I have a snowball's chance to win?
    Will Maroney be a good play this week or should I just keep him on the bench?

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Brady counted for negative points in my main league. (INTs are -1 and you have to get at least 200 passing yards to gain points that way.) The Brady team, 11-2 in the regular season, lost to a 7-7 team in the first round.

I wonder how many Brady teams bit the big one today.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One team who had Brady in my money league is losing by 25 in the semis, and will probably need about 40 points from the Minnesota defense tomorrow night to win.
    In the for-fun league, I have Brady. And Westbrook. Thank God our playoffs started this week and I had a bye, or there'd be a remote-control shaped hole somewhere in the living room.

Draft saved Draft deleted