1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Fantasy Football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 26, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, with any luck they'll both catch a few more balls, since the Lions are getting fucking waxed.

Minnesota is a machine right now.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Chester Taylor has a touchdown. So does Vincent Jackson. LT needs to get a few, then I'll be happy.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, I could use a couple from LT as well.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Now that's the LT I drafted with the No. 1 pick. 173 rushing, two touchdowns, three receptions for 20 yards. I am rolling and still have the Broncos defense, Tom Brady and Marques Colston left.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This Saints-Bucs game is killing me.
    In one league, I have Galloway and we get points for touchdowns but only one for every 20 receiving yards. He catches a bomb and gets forced out of bounds at the 1.
    In another league, we get bonus points for the length of the touchdown. Brees throws a 40-yard pass to Colston (potentially 12 points if its a TD) and he's tackled inside the 5. I settle for the short TD and six points from Brees.
    I think the Saints lead the league in TD passes of 5 yards or less. I swear, if Brees has 20 TD passes then 15 of them are 1-yard fades.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

A.J. Feely can lick my taint.

And I should kick my own ass for leaving Tarvaris Jackson on the bench and playing the chump.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If A.J. Feeley and Tarvaris Jackson are your QBs, it's time to rethink some things.

8. I ended up playing Miami's D.....ended up getting me 6 points, which is better than what Houston or Jax did. I'm rolling over the guy I'm playing (Peyton, AP, and Greg Jennings have lit it up)

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

With Addai and Peterson, I don't need a QB to be anything but adequate.

10. Wow, can't believe no one's posted on this since last week.

Ok, I know I got killed asking about this last week - Favre vs. Garrard. And I'm not a Favre hater or anything. If anything, he's been my fantasy team MVP. The thing is though, now Favre is coming off an injury. And apparently he has a history of doing poorly - lots of interceptions - when he's coming off an injury. And he's facing an Oakland D which is terrible against the run but strong against the pass. So I'm wondering if GB is just going to hand it to Grant a ton of times. Looking around, I've seen articles saying Garrard is a solid if not spectacular start while Favre could be a scary start. Of course, he could be spectacular and has gotten me this far.

The other thing is who to start between Marshawn Lynch and his backup Fred Smith. I'd love to get the one in who is supposed to get most of the carries against that woeful Miami D.

Thoughts?

11. Well, Jacksonville is playing Carolina, who have let up a ton of points (except for last week vs. SF). I think that Garrard isn't a horrible play. If you're not in a playoff game or race, I'd keep Favre on the bench this week.

To your other question, I have Lynch and I'm starting him. Even if he splits carries, he's going to do well. Take that as you will. If you have both, it may not be an awful idea to start one of them in your flex spot.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll agree with that. My brother-in-law called me yesterday morning to ask basically the same question about Favre, only Tavaris Jackson is his No. 2 option. I was on the fence. It seems like a risk either way: Jackson is inconsistent and Favre is hurt. Pick your poison, I suppose. I'm going with Favre this week, and I'll be hoping like hell the Jets can hold down Derek Anderson this week -- just in case Favre falters.

And go with Lynch.

Draft saved Draft deleted