1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Fantasy Football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 26, 2007.

1. How high are you on Betts? I drafted him in several leagues (I'm in 10) just for trade bait....

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, having the No. 1 pick has its advantages. Though I guess I should have thought about football earlier than 2 hours ago. Very sketchy draft I am doing right now, but I do have: Tomlinson, Brady and Chad Johnson so far.

3. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

10 leagues? My goodness. I can't keep track of two.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I have Betts in one league ... the one where I have Portis.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

How many RBs do you start, 'gola? Because if it's more than one, you're fucked.

6. Yeah, it's pretty nuts, but I love it. I have a different trade going every day. My favorite time of year...

My top four sports days:
    1) NFL Draft
    2) NBA Draft
    3) Fantasy FB draft day
    4) NBA Draft Lottery

7. Barsuk, exactly. I have Portis in zero leagues because I hate him this year, but Betts is no more than a handcuff to me...

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Two. And you are probably correct. I should have just waited on a quarterback. I probably could have gotten Hasselbeck later on.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

If you start two RBs, you have to pick two in at least the first three rounds. You'll find out why about four or five rounds from now.

10. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

You know, I just don't understand this new fad of "handcuffing" the back-ups. For the first eight weeks or so, until whenever the guy gets hurt, this back-up is just wasting a roster space. Why's it such an important thing to do?

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I don't handcuff just anybody, but if a guy is injury-prone (like Portis) AND he's in a potential "time-share" situation (like Portis), then by God I handcuff him.

And if you don't, then you're the fool who's giving away half his team for a mediocre RB in Week 9.

12. EB --

The point of handcuffing is as simple as insuring your car. For the three years you drive it without an accident, it's the one day that it does crash and burn that you're in trouble.

The must handcuffs:
    Portis/Betts
    LT/Turner
    Henry/Young or Bell

LT only because if for some reason he does go down, Turner will be huge...

Draft saved Draft deleted