1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Fantasy Football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 26, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

All of you had to know this one was coming. Hopefully it will be a little more heated than that stinker of a baseball thread I put up.

Anyway, I just finished my first draft of the year. A real bullshit, eight-team H2H league: the draft order was in the order of who signed up, and guess who was last? Moi. Here's the debacle that was my draft.

1. Lawrence Maroney, RB
    2. Reggie Bush, RB
    3. Vince Young, QB (Brady went the spot just before. Bitch)
    4. Steve Smith, WR
    5. Larry Fitzgerald, WR
    6. Marshawn Lynch, RB
    7. L.J. Smith, TE
    8. Denver defense
    9. Champ Bailey, DEF
    10. Laveranues Coles, WR
    11. Matt Leinart, QB
    12. Alge Crumpler, TE
    13. Dre' Bly, DEF
    14. Jason Elam, K
    15. Minnesota defense
    16. Muhsin Muhammed, WR
    17. Warrick Dunn, RB
    18. Devin Hester, WR/DEF
    19. Chad Pennington, QB
    20. Troy Polamalu, DEF

Excuse me while I slam my head repeatedly into my desk.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

how many players do you start and what positions? pretty much every fantasy web site i read before my draft had marshawn lynch rated much higher than the sixth round so you probably got a steal there.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Your first six players look really good. I think you took Vince Young too soon (Madden jinx/sophomore slump and all that). Leinart, with the weapons on his team, may wind up being your starter. Taking a flyer on Hester and getting Dunn that late were good moves as well.
    Now stop acting like Lou Holtz and set the draft to random in the Some Idiots Allowed 2 league!!!

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I think every league should have a draft order just completely made up by the commissioner. Give the top picks to all his buddies. Hell, I'd try and make sure they all got two picks before anyone else got one.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Along those lines, Hank, you're picking 15th in our 12-team league Thursday.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Missed my free league draft because I overslept, but wound up OK I guess. Can't wait for next Tuesday when the $$ league draft begins :D

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I'm in a screwball league, I tell ya'.

One guy picked Michael Vick in the third-to-last round. ::)

Another just offered Willis McGehee & LenDale White to me for Reggie Bush. Should take a toke of whatever he's smoking before slamming the door on him, or just cut to the chase and say he's out of his fucking mind?

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Had to umpire softball game last Thursday night and couldn't make the draft.....Good friend I trusted to make the picks for me.....with the 6th pick...yep......let's give him Warrick Dunn.

Warrick mothafuckin Dunn with the 6th pick.

I think the son of a bitch would have drafted Curt Warner if he was still around. I called him and said, "What the fuck....someone already drafted Jamaal Anderson?"

sumamabitch.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

That'll teach him to be the ninth person to sign up. ::)

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Awesome.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

We draw cards to pick the draft order... and we pick cards in order of finish the previous year from first on down....

the order in which you sign up? Lame.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Doc, I'm officially signing up first for the 2008 Certain Idiots league. Cool?

Draft saved Draft deleted