1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Fantasy Football KEEPER thread...SORRY SPNITED

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GBNF, Jan 13, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I figured this would arouse some interest. If not, moddy, feel free to merge this with the other FF thread.

What would your top-25 keeper list be for the next fantasy season?

My guys are in bold - do the same, for the sake of conversation.

Quick sidenote: I was in 1st place almost all season, 10-3 in the regular season, before tanking in the playoffs. The league is three vet keepers and one RC.

1. LaDainian Tomlinson — Hard to argue with this one.
    2. Brian Westbrook — Finally became a consistent threat on the ground; exploded as a receiving threat, again.Stayed healthy.
    3. Adrian Peterson — With that line, could blow up every game. But still a minor risk.
    4. Steven Jackson — Should have big comeback year if line stays healthier.
    5. Tom Brady — Even higher?
    6. Joseph Addai — A true TD threat, but yardage a little lacking.
    7. Marshawn Lynch — Might be a top-5 pick in keeper leagues next season.
    8. Braylon Edwards — The best young wideout in the NFL, with tons of mileage left and a risk-taking quarterback. Too high?
    9. Marion Barber — Should become No. 1 with free-agency looming for Julius Jones. If Jones stays, bump Barber down 20 notches.
    10. Frank Gore — Could become next Faulk with Mike Martz' tutelage. Still uneven, but a major threat when healthy.
    11. Peyton Manning — BIG oversight. Won't put him any higher than this on a keeper list because of age, but still a stud. Thanks S_P.
    12. Reggie Wayne — Young, talented, smart. But Harrison comes back next season. Will he put up the same numbers?
    13. Tony Romo — Still young enough to have a long career, but proved he was experienced enough to be a star.
    14. Randy Moss — One-year wonder comeback? Or is he for real? I'm not so sure...
    15. Willis McGahee — Became a touchdown threat midway through the season with 7-game streak. Loss of Ogden will hurt production.
    16. Larry Fitzgerald — Worried about Leinart's comeback and Boldin's presence. Undeniable talent, but might have reached his peak.
    17. Clinton Portis — Still, amazingly, only 27 years old next season. Three-four major years left. Slight fumbling issues (five in '07) outweighed by talent.
    18. Brandon Marshall — Great young quarterback who takes chances.
    19. Greg Jennings — Great old quarterback who takes chances.
    20. Brandon Jacobs — Great offensive line, great ability, awful injury risk. He's a stud when healthy. WHEN healthy.
    21. Larry Johnson — Could be higher, but I'm not high on the Chiefs' line improving any time soon.
    22. Carson Palmer — Was very iffy about this pick. Could he be higher? Could he be lower? CJ might bounce...That would be interesting.
    23. Ryan Grant — Argument could be made to make him top-15 after recent performances.
    24. Willie Parker — Lack of touchdowns, receiving presence worries me. How high can he really be without touchdowns?
    25. Andre Johnson — Could be higher, but waiting to see if Houston continues to improve O-Line.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Re: Running Fantasy Football KEEPER thread...

Spnited's going to be PISSED when he sees this on Sports and News.

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Re: Running Fantasy Football KEEPER thread...

Umm...isn't this sports? Can I move it myself?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Very interesting list. I agree that right now, LT2 and Westbrook are 1-2. But I bet they're outproduced next season by Peterson and Steven Jackson. LT2 and Westbrook are right on the cusp of the danger zone for RBs. Of course, you spend the no. 1 pick on Peterson, you have just as good a shot of finishing 4-10 as you do 11-3.

I'd bump Brady and Ryan Grant higher and drop Clinton Portis, who has taken a beating for a long time now. I also think you're underestimating Larry Fitzgerald, especially if Warner can hold on to his job.

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I have a good feeling about Jackson, myself. LT I'm pretty sure will do equally as well next season and the season after, and then the decline will set in.

Fitzgerald is my favorite wideout in the NFL, besides Marshall, but the whole Warner/Leinart thing just worries me.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Brandon Marshall is the second-best WR in the league next year.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

where does that Top 25 list come from?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

List totally invalid -- no Peyton Manning.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fuck spitted, post away.

Brady was last pick in the first round of our draft which shocked me.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

How'd you fare in your league, Boomer?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

BYH thanks for asking.

We had a good season. Lost in semii's to a team we normaly would have beaten. That was the week that all the bad weather hit the east and it derailed our big point players - Brady, Edwards, Watson.

Brady really surprised us. He was getting 30 - 40 points a week. Edwards was a pleasant surprise also.

Great story with Edwards. Was trying to draft Chargers Defense and mistakenly drafted Edwards instead. It ended up working out.

All in all it was a fun season. I am surprised and the negativity that surrounds fantasy sports. I think it is a great way to generate interest in the whole league and is also very educational .

Enough about me . How did your team do?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

We won the title. Beat the league powerhouse in the semis. thank goodness global warming proved to be a sham that weekend!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted