1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Fantasy Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mayfly, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Anyone who plays fantasy basketball talk about your trades, ideas, etc in here. I shall start.

Desmond Mason or Luther Head?

Will Head's role diminish in Houston or will he still keep the 3 PT threat?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I had a draft this afternoon and made a trade about 10 minutes after it: I gave up Ben Gordon and Carmello Anthony for Kobe Bryant and Marcus Camby.

The trade, should it go through, will give me those two studs, along with Kirilenko, Bosh, Nash, Iverson, Reggie Jefferson, Bynum, Villanueva, Yi Jianlian, Cory Bewer and Earl Watson. Should everyone stay healthy and the young guys can contribute, I think I've got a good shot at winning my league.

I like my trade. What do you guys think?

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I think you got a steal personally. How deep is your league? To have Nash, Bosh, Iverson and AK on your team, it must only be 8 or 10 teams. Good work though. I am not a fan of Brewer though.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think Head's still going to get a lot of playing time. Mike James is getting older and less productive by the season, and so is Steve Francis. James and McGrady are very prone to injuries, on which you probably shouldn't bank, but really can with Tracey.

Mason will play on a steadier basis and will give you more of a presence on the inside. But I think Head's 3-point opportunities are tough to pass up.

This'll sound great: I'd go with Head.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's a 10-team league. I've been running this every year for the last five seasons, and it should be the most competitive this year. I picked up Nash in the first round, Bosh in the second, Iverson in the third -- then will have Bryant (first) and Camby (third). Kirilenko was pitiful last season, so he dropped to the seventh round. I sat on him until I couldn't any longer.

I try to grab two rookies at the end of the draft each year, just in case. Obviously Durant went earlier and so did Horford.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

What's the word in Seattle. Who is starting at PG, Ridnour or West?

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Ridnour's No. 1 on the depth chart, and it looks like West is battling back problems.

8. dragonfly

dragonfly Member

Wow, Melo and Gordon for Kobe would've been a steal. But those guys for Kobe and Camby??? You robbed the guy blind. Now go and cross your fingers Camby stays healthy

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Tell me about it. I might even begin praying again. It's only been about 19 years. ...

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I just forgot about a draft in a league & ended up picking Nash at #6. Playing this after not paying attention to the NBA could end up being a questionable move. I never heard of a good portion of my team, including my 6th round pick. How many of these guys should I be dropping before I even see who's available?

1. (6) Steve Nash PG
    2. (23) Ray Allen SG
    3. (34) Al Jefferson PF,C
    4. (51) Manu Ginobili SG
    5. (62) Ricky Davis SG,SF
    6. (79) Monta Ellis PG,SG
    7. (90) Randy Foye PG,SG
    8. (107) Delonte West PG,SG
    9. (118) Chucky Atkins PG
    10. (135) Antonio McDyess PF
    11. (146) Paul Millsap SF,PF
    12. (163) Jason Maxiell SF,PF
    13. (174) Damien Wilkins SG,SF
    14. (191) Rasho Nesterovic C
    15. (202) Bruce Bowen SF

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

You got a good sleeper in Millsap. Maxiell would be nice in a keeper league. The last three guys you can shitcan.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Get rid of Delonte West, Bruce Bowen (unless your league counts dirty play) and Rasho. Try to get a better center on the FA list. You should be set with Nash, Allen, Jefferson, and Ginobli. After that I see question marks.

Draft saved Draft deleted