1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Fantasy Baseball thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, May 2, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Gary Sheffield and David Wright have been killing me.

But then, I reached for both of them.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Carlos Delgado has been worse, though he's not as high a pick. Ryan Howard has been pretty lousy, too, and he went ahead of both of them in most leagues.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Soriano
    HM:
    Berkman, Sheff, Delgado, Tex, Zambrano, Rivera, Howard - top of my head.

4. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Ryan Zimmerman.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

estrada - nice. i just checked and he's available. not sure how i overlooked him on the waiver wire. paulino is taken by the one idiot who always picks pirates because he's from pittsburgh (he's the only guy who plays this way - everyone else is pretty serious; it's a long-term keeper league).

actually willingham was on my bench all along. i've been alternating him in with griffey but had originally had edmonds in the lineup last night thanks to the marlins' off day monday and nearly forgot to get him out of there.

usually when a guy has a huge night i've left him on my bench.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

david wright?

7. outofplace

Glad to help. Estrada's kind of easy to forget, but he can hit, he's in a good lineup and a good hitter's park.

8. outofplace

Proof that some of us should not play fantasy baseball. Oliver Perez had been cut in one of my leagues. I considered picking him up earlier this week and when I saw he had 10 strikeouts and had given up only two hits through five today against the Marlins I decided to grab him. We do pick-ups in that league by emailing everybody in the league.

No sooner do I hit send, then the next four runners reach base on two walks a hit and an error and suddenly he is out of the game. Sometimes, I think these guys should pay me not to pick them up. It's not the coincidental bad turns of fortune that make me think fantasy baseball is bad for me, it is the fact that I actually, even for a moment, think that my picking a guy up in some fantasy league really does mess him up.

These are the moments that I truly appreciate my wife for the kind, PATIENT, woman that she is. :)

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You'll enjoy this past week for Sheffield. He has his average over .200 now with a four-hit game today. Also hit another homer.

It's only one series, but it's the best he's looked at the plate this year. Good signs.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You saying he's crept over the Punto line?

11. outofplace

Sheffield will be fine. As long as he's healthy, he'll hit.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

We keep sayaing that about alot of players, and in his case, I happen to agree. But for all of them the day will come when that's no longer true, and we'll all be saying it anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted