1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Fantasy Baseball thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, May 2, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you have Ryan Howard and Bobby A or David Wright, they will hit. ARod will cool off.

How many guys dropped Morneau last year at this time?

2. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

i traded for Morneau about this time last year. Be patient. Like Devil said, hitters will hit eventually (Michael Young, this means you).

That said, 12-team keeper league (only in its 3rd year), hold onto 7 every season.

I'm looking at trading a guy or two for an effin stud or draft picks, even though I won last year and am in the lead again, simply because I hate giving guys away. So who would you get rid of:

Harang, Rich Hill, Santana, Snell, Webb, Morneau, Hudson, Bay, Holliday, Carlos Lee. I have to lose at least three.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Hudson and Carlos Lee off the bat. Hudson is wearing away, and Lee needs some more hitters around him to be profitable in Houston. Holliday is an animal, as with Morneau and Bay. Santana is just nasty, and Hill should be dominant for a good long time.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Always keep your hitters.

I would trade arms for bats... or a closer.

5. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Ah, my bad. that's ORLANDO Hudson. Not Tim Hudson. Big difference.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Then he definitely goes. You can always find a middle infielder. The elite guys are hard to find, but there is a pretty large group of serviceable ones that are usually available. You can get by with the Rich Aurilia's or Ray Durham's of the world.

I'd probably let Snell go, too. He's great for strikeouts, but let's see him keep the ERA or the WHIP down. And that team still doesn't score enough runs.

Last spot? Wait and see what Harang and Hill do. Hill still has a limited track record and Harang is solid, but replaceable given what else you have.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I need to find a DL replacement for Hughes. Sucks.

8. outofplace

True... looks like two positive opinions. I already said no way I'm doing that until I see Hernandez pitch. My staff is pretty damn shaky after Peavy if Harden and Hernandez don't come back strong.

Thanks

9. outofplace

Just not Greinke...that's twice now he has poisoned my ERA, dammit! :)

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i replaced jim edmonds in my outfield with josh willingham last night at 7 p.m. just in time for willingham's 5 RBI.

damn edmonds. i can't say i expected much but i don't know how much longer i can carry him on my bench.

i am also desperate for production at catcher. i drafted mike napoli who i expected would hit about .225 but 20-30 HRs. wrong, so far. so i start napoli every day even though he doesn't play much (so he doesn't hurt me, just doesn't help). i'm thinking of picking up miguel olivo or possibly mike redmond who has suddenly become the twins' regular DH. but redmond's only a .350 hitter when he plays part-time. any catcher suggestions out there?

11. outofplace

Willingham was still available? Nice.

Does anybody have Ron Paulino? I know some people might have bailed after his bad start, but the kid can hit. Hard to say who else without seeing your waiver wire. I recently picked up Johnny Estrada, but he was probably taken in many leagues.

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Who has been the biggest bust so far? I have to say Lance Berkman. The guy has nearly single-handedly sunk my season.

Draft saved Draft deleted