1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running ESPN fake college football playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Dec 12, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess this is how they punish Herbie, making him and Corso "break-down" games in the mythical college football playoff that ESPN has devised as part of SportCenter.
    I wouldn't mind it so much, but H and C actually sound like these are actual games that will really be played.
    The WWL would be better off re-running their This is SportsCenter special. That was good stuff. Their recap of the year in SportCenter was also outstanding, particularly their ending clip montage, everything from Baron Davis and the Warriors upsetting the Mavs, to the Cleveland midges, to baseball's snowy opening week, to Hope Solo sulking on the bench at the World Cup. Truly excellent editing.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It's on again after CBB on ESPN2 tomorrow at 9. I saw it was on at a bar tonight, and resolved to find out when it re-aired so I could DVR it.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

They lost me when Hawaii was bounced. Please ... losing to USC? Right, ESPN. Right. ...

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I hope this is sarcasm.

Edit: And I just realized it is. Sorry. I am struggling this morning.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My enthusiasm for this fake playoff is fake.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Better late than ever, Mr. Texas.

7. There's a lot of stuff the WWL does that is irritating ... see Who's Now.

But I'm enjoying this. Sure, all we get is analysis and predictions, they don't actually play the games, but I think it's fun to break down the matchups. And they didn't force anything. They just took the BCS Top 10.

It's fine by me.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But given the weirdness of this season, really what is the point?

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Without a fake press conference from Steve Phillips, this whole exercise is pointless.

Draft saved Draft deleted