1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "Entourage" thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Andy _ Kent, Jul 13, 2009.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I thought this was a discussion about the popular email server.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Emmanuelle Chriqui

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I was semi-pleased with the premier. It was far better than the second "Hung" episode.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yet, despite that AND Vince being fired...and months after no one would put him in ANYTHING, Scorsese wants to put him in his big budget movie as the lead?

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it's realistic. Just saying they haven't spent every episode of the last three years bumming around the mansion, going to clubs and making bank by staring in huge movies.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

ain't hollywood bootiful? :D ??? ::)

7. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I agree -- that plotline (from the last season finale) was very unrealistic. It would have been interesting to see Vince struggle for a longer while ... maybe with a a lower budget movie that was a cult hit, before going back to blockbusters.

8. imjustagirl

I'd take this one step further. I still watch it, because I'm too lazy to delete it from my Tivo. But I almost loathe doing so. There's no one on the show I like, or care about. I laugh at Ari-Lloyd, but even THAT looks like it's going to change.

Will someone come over and take it off my Tivo for me? :D

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don't you have a hanger-on who could do stuff like that for you?

10. imjustagirl

Times are tough, Zeke. There had to be cuts made. Good people were lost.

But not my manicurist.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And people wonder why I'm still at a newspaper. How can I tell them my TIVO-programming gig fell through?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There have been a lot more unrealistic things than the Scorsese plotline in the history of the show. This is definitely a show you can't dissect. But I don't think it was that bad. Aquaman was supposedly the highest grossing film of all time, even with the Medellin and Smoke Jumpers debacles in the more-recent past.

The show is OK. You just have to take it for what it is. It's fun. I like looking at Sloan a lot, too. A whole lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted