1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "Entourage" thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Andy _ Kent, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Feel free to delete this if there is another one on here somewhere but I couldn't find one so there you go.

Thoughts on the season premiere?

Personally, I like the developing story lines.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Mundane and rather ordinary first episode. Feels all too familiar.

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I thought it was amazing, and the last scene was very poignant. Love where they're taking the characters after one episode, but I hope they move quickly into E's developing career.

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Kudos to the writers for not taking the easy way out; it would have been lazy writing for Vincent to get arrested for DUI or wreck the Escalade during his first night out as a licensed driver. Mrs. Lino and I had braced ourselves for that cliche.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Vince is back.
    Yippee.
    The one interesting thing is Vince pulled a 180 when Ari had a shot at the big time.
    I wonder if that will be part of the show as Vince tugs Turtle and the rest back into his orbit as they try to go off on their own.

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I have enjoyed the show from the beginning, and thought this season's start was fairly seamless. But therein lies the problem: It's getting too familiar and a little stale. Not as stale as the incredibly dated Cripin Glover-wigs-out reference, but still bland. Hopefully, it'll pick up. Otherwise, it's going to start to really feel as though they're just padding out the series to reach the syndication requirement.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Turtle's lost weight.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you're actually dating Jamie-Lyn Sigler I think eating food would be about 99th on the list of things to do each day.

I'm glad I just catch them when they come out on DVD. I can burn through a season in two nights. It's a good show, love the celeb cameos, but the characters have been spinning their wheels for six years.

9. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Damn. Has it already been six years? Really? It doesn't feel like the show's been on that long already.

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Interesting start. Love that they're ditching the "what will Vince do next" storyline. Enjoyed that three of the four are moving on, but the rich famous one is trying to stay put.

11. I thought that, too. So are we to take it, then, that Vince is a movie star now who is going to keep getting jobs? I hope so.

12. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

I really like that they brought back Gary Cole's character. Thoughts?

Draft saved Draft deleted