1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Emmy Awards thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Aug 27, 2006.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Julia-Louis Drefuss??? Sure, I love her, but I thought the show was terrible. Did she really deserve it?

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

None of them deserved anything. Network TV has been pure shit for years and needs to die.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The facial work on some of those people is horrific. Ray Liotta can't even move his face he had so much botox slammed in there. Jaclyn Smith, Kate Jackson, Barry Manilow...you look at them and think, 'hm, had work...' (Okay, I think that, I realize most of you were thinking 'nice rack,' especially about Barry).

4. Once upon a time, there were three little girls who went to the police academy.
    Then they all turned to plastic.
    Those three looked like a modern art installation.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Horribly produced show.

Something was wrong with this year's voting - they changed the way they did it, and it got all screwed up.

Katherine Heigl looked the best.

That is all.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Couldn't disagree more.

Television, right now, might very well be the best it has ever been. House, Lost (when it's not being stretched to drag out the series), Boston Legal, 24, Greys Anatomy, My Name is Earl and The Office are all terrific network shows, which have far better scripts and far better storylines than 98 percent of the movies coming out of Hollywood.

Then you get to cable, and the work there is even better, with The Sopranos (even in a down season), Rescue Me, The Shield, Big Love, The Wire and Entourage.

The Emmys were screwed up, with the new voting process. But television is doing quite well.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

???

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Virginia Madsen's breasts seemed to dominate screen for awhile. I'm not complaining, just sayin'.

I can't wait to see Colbert's response to the awards on his show.

How many college dudes wear ascots to their frat's formal this fall after seeing Piven last night?

Glad The Office won, I thought either it or Arrested Development should have won for best writing.

Expected a bigger tribute to Don Knotts. What did he win, like 300 Emmy's in his lifetime?

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'll say the same thing I told a friend this morning: Sutherland won, for what? His range? From intense urgency to intense urgency? What crap. 24 may be a good show, it's very entertaining, but hardly the vehicle for great acting.
    Leary should have won that, without a pause.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If you missed it, the Emmys will be re-aired tonight on Bravo.

Loved Colbert and Stewart's presentation, and I think Kiefer's award was for his five years of work. Same for the show, too.

Good to see Hargitay win her Emmy, but I was jaw-dropping stunned to see Elaine Benes win one, too.

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I enjoyed the nomination portion for "Best Writing on a Late-Night Comedy Series".....
    Colbert's writers were portrayed as bears, Conan's looked like an outsourced office cubicle in India, and Letterman's looked like it was taken from a Jerry Springer show (with arrows pointing to the writers)... and Bill Maher's was pictures of prominent Republicans.
    Great, and I agree, I can't wait to see The Colbert Report tonight.
    "This is about the Manilow thing, isn't it?"

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Compared to what?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted