1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Emmy Awards thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Do we not have one of these yet?

Thus far, it sucks.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Haven't watched the show in years, and with "The Shield" shut out of the nominations, I don't think this year will be any different.

And to those who feel the need to spout off bullshit about: "Why post here if you feel that way?" -- Please fuck off.

3. Moderator1

Jeremy Piven (sp) just talked about being a fluffer. Points to him, even if I've never seen his show.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

does that mean he won something?

5. Moderator1

Best supporting actor in a comedy series.

Woman from Will and Grace with the terrible voice got best supporting actress.

Blythe Danner got best supporting actress in a drama. Beat out what's her name and Sandra Oh from Grey's.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Stunned at Alda winning.

Happily surprised Piven gets the nod.

I've seen Danner, Shatner and Martin Sheen so far tonight. It's a veritable Columbo guest star reunion... can Robert Culp get a lifetime achievement award?

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Respectfully disagree, unless you're simply talking about the show, and not Conan's intro. I laughed my ass off throughout.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Every year I cry during the Emmys. Usually just during the tribute to those who died throughout the year. I definitely cried during the tribute to Dick Clark today. He's aged SO much since the Stroke. Poor guy. Is this his first public appearance since? I had heard he was supposed to do New Years but wasn't OK to do it after all.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The writer from "My Name is Earl" was funny with the list of people he was not going to thank. One was God "because you took my hair, and that's not cool."

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Dick Clark, who can barely walk and speak, looks healthier and a helluva lot better than Barry Manilow, who suddenly looks a lot like Liza Minnelli.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

He does look healthier than Manilow, but compared to two years ago, he looks much much older.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

clark did new year's this year. it was painful to watch. :'( :'( :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted