1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Election '06 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 7, 2006.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Is it just me, or does poor, exhausted Wolf Blitzer keep saying "pre-jected" instead of "projected?"

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

CNN calls the SD abortion ban as defeated.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

CNN says the outstanding votes in Maryland are from Baltimore, Prince George and Montgomery County -- all Dem strong holds -- and that's why they called it for Cardin over Steele.

4. Double Down

Webb is now ahead in total votes? Wow. No way that doesn't end up in a recount.

5. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Watching CNN, I feel like I'm watching a Final Four game with my team playing in it, every time they update the numbers because I'm in one of the "final four" states.

Is that wrong?

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Hopefully someone who knows Missouri well can answer this: what are the key counties for McCaskill to make up the deficit?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Virginia has Allen ahead by less than two thousand votes. There are about 133,000 absentee ballots to count. That'll take about a week.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I'm thrilled he's giving a House victory speech, but Rahm Emanuel is as dry as dust.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Looks I was wrong on the litigation thread -- Webb and Allen look destined for court. I wonder if Allen would just throw his hands up and concede if the final vote count came down against him. He's never been much for the Senate -- it was a job to hold down since he couldn't run for re-election and needed something to do while biding his time to run for the White House. He knows that macaca and his general performance this fall have ruined him for a national campaign, even as veep. If control of the Senate does not rest on him -- if Talent and Corker hang on, the GOP keeps the majority -- it's something to consider.

10. gee, I can't believe millions and millions of voters hate America so much...

11. Double Down

Burns better sure as hell hope these numbers are coming from Western Montana, because he's getting pounded with 20 percent of the vote. Like 15 percent getting pounded.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

PDB...

Regarding Missouri:

I'm thinking, Jackson hasn't completely reported, Clay, St. Louis County, Cass County, Johnson County.. a few others, but those are off the top of my head.

Draft saved Draft deleted