1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Election '06 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 7, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Hillary looks like a giant cheese in that yellow jacket.

Bill just looks bewildered.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Don't ever let a chance go by to insult people on the basis of where they live .
    Prick.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm thrilled Chaffee's gone, should have been in the primary, but better late than never.

I hope Lieberman holds grudges.

I'm going to miss Santorum. We haven't heard the last of him.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

a
    Hey relax - I had 50 states to choose from. I picked West Virginia at random. It could have just as easily been california.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Guy, Santorum has no future as a national, elected leader.

These TV stations will look plenty dumb of Erhlich holds on to beat O'Malley. I'm less confident that Steele will put egg on the faces of the networks though. But Erhlich might.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

NBC and CBS project that Democrats will take control of the House.

Out my way, looks like Kyl will survive, but the House appears to be losing one of its biggest buffoons. J.D. Hayworth is on his way down.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I didn't say he did, but of I were Bush I'd offer him a position tomorrow & I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up PA Governor or back in the Senate. He's too talented to be finished.

At this point, other than the total Senate numbers, Steele would be a very nice silver lining, I'm not betting on it. After all of the nonsense in the past, it's really shocking that these idiot news stations would call a race that is so blatantly not over.

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Shuler wins!: http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/politics/15953530.htm

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

CNN's calling the House for Dems.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Guy, I'll never say never, but I'd be surprised if Santorum came back and won a statewide election again too.

11. Baltimore city, and Montgomery and Prince George's county - overwhelmingly Democratic and which current returns favor Cardin overwhelmingly - are the big precints that have reported the least. So Cardin is very much a safe bet.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

A Montana friend of mine passed along this nugget about Tester/Burns.

Early official results in Yellowstone County had Tester up by nearly 1,000 votes. If Burns doesn't win (traditionally Republican) Yellowstone County, there is now way he can win this thing. Interesting....

Draft saved Draft deleted