1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Election '06 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Post your results here.

Santorum goes down to Casey.
    Chafee out in Rhode Island.
    Gentleman Joe Lieberman survives

Somehow everyone is calling Ben Cardin over Michael Steele in Maryland and Martin O'Malley over Bob Erhlich for Governor. Wayyyyyyyy too fucking soon for that yet. Hasn't anyone learned a lesson yet?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Gun-totting Hostettler gone in Indiana.

Strickland the new Gov. in Ohio.

I'll keep y'all posted on Burns-Tester in Mont, but it doesn't look good for Tester right now.

3. Flying Headbutt

At this point Allen has a slim, slim lead over Jim Webb with about 90 percent reporting. Slim as in about two thousand votes.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

SD abortion ban down 56-44 with 12 percent of precincts reporting.

Allen/Webb might take a recount either way.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I thought Wisconsin might be the first state to reject the gay marriage amendment, but it is garnering well over 60% of the vote and the AP has already called it. That can only help Mark Green.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the best was in ohio, where ken blackwell conceeded the govenor's race before a single vote was counted

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I'm just tickled every time I see the vote totals in Virginai's Goode-Weed battle. In Calfornia, there'd be a lot of double checks for that seat.

Ha! It's the Santorum concession speech. He just said that his family wants to thank God. At least we agree on something. Thank God, indeed.

My Allen-Webb prediction is that it becomes the next big partisan debate, ala the new Florida. But I won't believe that Webb has a shot until he actually overtakes Allen in the vote totals reported, and that hadn't happened at last check. Then again, my last view of it showed Allen with a 27,000-vote lead.

And then there's the Foley vote. That's just odd, to say the least. It says something for his replacement that he has a shot to win the seat despite not having his name on the ballot.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

i forgot to add, Amy Klobuchar just spanked Mark Kennedy in the MN senate race.

And if you want to see the ass kicking of the night, check out Herseth/Whalen for the SD house seat.

U S HOUSE
    (D) HERSETH STEPHANIE 63458 77 188 818
    (L) RUDEBUSCH LARRY 973 1 188 818
    (R) WHALEN BRUCE 18233 22 188 818

Seriously, someone needs to step in and stop this.

9. Flying Headbutt

Allen up by about 20 thousand votes in Virginia.

10. In order to bring sports into this thread:

Heath Shuler leading 51-45 percent with 41 percent reporting.

Democrats look well on their lead to grabbing the House, the question is whether it's a slim or medium majority.

The Senate looks likely to stay GOP: Allen-Webb will go to absentee ballots, but Allen has the edge; Ford needs to mount a big comeback in Tenn.; Who knows in Montana and Missouri.

11. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

One source has already projected Doyle as the winner.

12. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

What's up with Lieberman's projection?

CNN.com shows that Lamont only trails by about 17,000 with only 25 percent of precincts reporting. I know Lamont was on live on CNN a few minutes ago, but I didn't hear his speech.

I believe CNN just projected Ford to fall in Tennessee, and Allen's lead in Virginia is up to nearly 30,000 with 91 percent of the vote in.

Draft saved Draft deleted