1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running eBay is an awful, awful company thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Dec 26, 2006.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Whenever I've sold stuff on eBay, I charged actual shipping. That said, there is a good reason to sell it cheap and then overcharge on the shipping ... you're more likely to get someone to actually buy it on the first listing and save yourself some money. There are tons of people dumb enough to say, "I saved $100 on this bike!" and then overpay $100 for shipping. They think they're getting a great deal and purchase the item, even though, in reality, they're paying the same price.

That said, a lot of people are simply overcharging on shipping for the sake of making a few extra bucks.

2. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Never really had a problem on eBay, and I've made maybe nearly 50 transactions in my time. My biggest complaint anymore also has to deal with feedback, but in a different way - most people rely only upon feedback for trust, and when I buy from sellers with a score in the hundreds, they never have time to leave feedback for anyone else.

All in all, not a bad place to do business. Given, of course, that you're sure you know what you're getting.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

If the shipping cost is too high, don't bid.
    If you don't know the shipping cost, don't bid.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Generally speaking, sellers don't have a problem leaving you positive feedback if you ask them. That also assumes you already left it for them.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

When buying, I leave feedback based on description and shipping; all they should leave feedback on is speed of payment.
    When selling, I leave feedback the same way. I generally pay within the same day as buying, usually within moments.
    Even when I have had disputes when buying, I let the seller know that I've paid right away, I expect positive feedback -- even when the item has gone to dispute...

Draft saved Draft deleted