1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running EA College Football 2009 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 7, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Re: The wheels are turning... EA College Football 2009 owners please respond

I don't mind having teams spread out throughout conferences, but I do like the idea of being able to mostly play each other instead of the computer all the time.

2. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I'm thinking that separate conferences and setting a limit of overall team ratings -- say, nothing above an 80, or something like that -- might be the best way to go.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

80 rules out even decent teams like Illinois.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

90 might be better.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I'm good either way. But if people are willing to commit to this, nothing would be more fun than setting the bar low, giving players scrub teams and that really brings the recruiting aspect to the forefront. Hell, I'd probably pick a down team anyway because I get into that stuff.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

If C-USA gets chosen, I pity anyone who ends up with SMU :D

I built them up pretty good over 4 years. Lots of damn work!

7. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Maybe we make the cut 85? That way people can choose decent teams, or a team to build up, if that's what they want to do, without lagging so far behind at the beginning.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

85 sounds good to me. Let's get it going? I can set it up tonight and send invites if people send me their Live names.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Let's just hope that it doesn't end up like Sheep :D (ducking)

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Y'all go ahead. I still don't have the friggin game.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I deserve that. Haaa. Got really busy with my other job (which turned into my winter gig) setting up events, photo shoots, testing and etc. Great game tho.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

When you invite people, you have to invite them as the team they are going to play as.

So we'd have to figure out exactly what we're going to do, IE: all one conference; no team over 85; etc, etc.

Then we'd probably have to figure out the game parameters (All-American or Heisman), length of quarters and named rosters.

Draft saved Draft deleted