1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running EA College Football 2009 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 7, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Re: The wheels are turning... EA College Football 2009 owners please respond

I have no idea how it works or I would do it. I like the idea of picking one conference though. The only problem is if we do say the Big 12 and we get a lot of people, someone has to be an Iowa State or Baylor etc.

2. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

That was my thought, too. Maybe we pick two conferences?

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Let's see how many we get first. If it's just five or six we could do one conference.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I can take a scrub team. It's not like I'll be winning anyways.

If I pick the game up soon, I'd be happy to be commish.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Can you play with even teams in online dynasties? I know you can in straight-up games.

6. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

No, I don't think you can.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I've never played anything online so I would prob get killed, too. But I did play the shit out of NCAA 08 on ps2. I wouldn't mind being a scrub team either, might make it more fun.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yes, you can play with uneven teams. Look at it this way, you are controlling everything about one team (playing, recruiting, depth chart). If you happen to play a game against another person, you play. If not, you play against the CPU.

And everyone is recruiting against each other.

You could pick one league dynasty and even if someone gets Iowa State or Baylor, you recruit and build them up in succeeding years. That's the challenge there. To do this, just have to make sure people are interested in doing this more than one season.

Or you choose a league with fairly even teams (Sun Belt or the MAC come to mind) and see who can build a national power.

Or if you let everyone choose whatever team they want, set an arbitrary number and no team can be rated higher than that. And then try to schedule as many non-conference user games as possible.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Also, you'd have to choose how often we'd want to advance weeks. Given the unwieldy schedules of a lot of people, every 2-4 days probably is best. Which gives everyone time to fit in games in their schedules.

10. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Since West By-God came in rated high, does that mean I can't pick them? :(

11. Hank_Scorpio

I wouldn't have a problem with it. I guess it depends on whatever we all decide which way to go with the dynasty.

I really was just giving ideas for different types of dynasties that I've seen. We can do whatever everyone feels like.

Here's a web site that lists every teams ratings in the game:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/35575-ncaa-football-09-video-game-team-ratings

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

So epic. If no one wants to be the commish, I'll do it. And I don't mind having teams from one conference or mixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted