1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running EA College Football 2009 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was a good first half. I rushed that pass to my receiver when I was on your two or three. Once I got down by 10, I didn't want to run the ball since time was getting slim. Tho, I should have since my RB was the reason I cruised through the season.

I tried to look at other receivers but my two main options were getting covered : my slot (LB reciever) and my tight end. I had to keep dumping it to my running back.

And I forgot I had McClellan back - my sophomore QB who was a Heisman finalist last season. He's got quicker feet and I just spaced on that.

Good game

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

No. 1 Illinois 31, No. 2 Nebraska 14
    Nebraska 7 7 0 0 - 14
    Illinois 7 17 7 0 - 31
    First Quarter
    N - Ellison 18 p. from Spano (try good), 2:24
    I - Larkin 7 p. from Weatherford (try good), 1:09
    Second Quarter
    I - Nixon 102 INT return (try good), 3:43
    N - Witt 2 run (try good), 1:49
    I - Washington 6 p. from Weatherford (try good), 0:56
    I - Thibodeaux 28 FG, 0:00
    Third Quarter
    I - Norwood 7 p. from Weatherford (try good), 3:58
    Individual Statistics
    RUSHING - Nebraska: Ellison 4-32, Spano 3-11, Johnson 2-7, Witt 1-2 (1TD). Illinois: Washington 11-39, Weatherford 6-0.
    PASSING - Nebraska: Spano 23-32-4-224 (1TD), McClellan 2-2-0-17, Witt 0-1-0-0. Illinois: Weatherford 18-26-0-235 (3TD).
    RECEIVING - Nebraska: Ellison 10-115 (1TD), Cotton 9-70, Hughes 2-31, Coley 2-15, Jasmin 1-2, Gilleylen 1-8. Illinois: Guidry 3-69, Larkin 4-57 (1TD), Foster 3-39, Washington 4-38 (1TD), Norwood 2-18 (1TD), Edwards 2-14.

I was really happy with my defense in this one. Mad played well for the most part offensively in the first half - he probably should have had more than 14 points - but I didn't let him do a whole lot in the second half. My offense was fine once I realized after the first possession or so that I wasn't going to get anything deep whatsoever and I did a good job using a short/intermediate passing game from there.

Kinda sad to see the dynasty go. It was lots of fun guys, and I'm sure the '10 one will be too.

3. Madhavok

I hate to play 'what if', but I feel if I had scored on that drive instead of giving up a pick six, it could very well be a different game: not saying I would have won, but a closer game. I had no options deep either. My favorite play is the out and up to my receiver on the left and you had double coverage on him most of the game.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did a few blitzes where there was just man coverage, but for the most part I always made sure to leave someone over the top. Especially in the second half when I had the lead.

5. Madhavok

Indeed. I've been so wrapped up in '10 and my new offense, it made my 09 offense weird to play with. But, it came back fairly quickly.

Draft saved Draft deleted