1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running EA College Football 2009 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Jake, if we advance anytime soon, I'm off through Saturday.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Advancing this evening.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I can play tonight after 11:30 central time mad, or the same time tomorrow, or at 1:30 p.m. central or before tomorrow. That's pretty much the same for any day through Saturday.

4. Madhavok

Right on. I'm staying in tonight and sure to be on Live after some Olympic coverage.

5. JakeandElwood

Cool. I'll probably want a few minutes to practice, but I can play.

6. Madhavok

For sure. i'll check back in later and if I haven't, then I fell asleep.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Be advancing here soon.

Oh and Michigan beat Alabama, 28-3.

Really strange game though. Bama's QB was passing really well in the first half, ended up getting three points on its first drive.

After I took a 7-3 and then 14-3 lead, Bama started running option plays, which was basically the QB keeping the ball because he wasn't able to pitch it.

I'm sure if I had actually played Hustle, the score would have been drastically different.

8. JakeandElwood

Mad, I'm back early and ready to play whenever.

9. Hustle

Hustle Guest

The option? Seriously? That QB is slow as balls, but he's a better passer than the would-be starter, who can run.

Oh well. We had a good run. Roll Tide.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Yea, it was really weird. I think the first 6-7 plays were all passes and all complete. They also ran a lot of 4WR and 5WR looks.

I forget exactly how I adjusted. Think I went to a nickel cover 3 press, or nickel double out at times too.

The QB (Fanuzzi I think the name was) definitely had the most rushing attempts, about 15. WR 88 had a couple runs and the HB had about eight carries.

The OL did a pretty good job too. I think I only had one sack (and that was more of a coverage sack).

11. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Yeah, that OL has always been pretty beastly. They slapped you around the last time we played. :D

Did Ingram play? He was hurt halfway through the season and was out a while, but I can't remember if he was on track to return for the bowl game. If he didn't, I could see why they looked elsewhere... the backup was OK, but it seemed like Ingram got through the hole quicker and broke more tackles.

You are right, Fanuzzi is the QB and 88 is my No. 1 WR, IIRC, even though he plays in the slot. He also gets the handoff on all of the WR sweeps.

Oh well, congrats on the win!

12. JakeandElwood

I'll be around again tonight, mad.

Draft saved Draft deleted