1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running EA College Football 2009 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I haven't been on to check the status of the one game.

Anyone been on to see if its been played?

I'll get on sometime tonight and see, but just wondered if anyone had.

2. Hank_Scorpio

We've advanced to the next bowl week. Almost every user is in action, except for the BCS championship game opponents.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Oregon will RTA tonight.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Just throwing it out there for you Jake, I'm off through Saturday and usually up till around 11 mountain time. Of course, that's just a heads up for when we get to our game. No rush on my end, folks. Good luck to all !

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That's cool mad. I have to work all of those days, but I could do it around noon mountain (1 here) or 10:45 ish p.m. mountain. any of those days.

6. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I might not be able to play until Sunday, so if you need to advance before then, go ahead. I really don't care what happens in my bowl against So. Miss. :)

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I, um, managed to win my tense and hard-fought rematch against Pitt in the Orange Bowl.

Virginia Tech 150, Pitt 19.

Quarterback had 644 yards and 10 TD passing (and two INT). Irons had 16 catches for 308 yards and six TD while returning four puts and a kickoff for scores. Fumble return and interception return for touchdowns. Went for two a few times because dammit, I was pissed.

If I can't go out with a shot at the king, at least I made a little history.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

How in the fuck did you drop 150?

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Most of my points were off big plays -- returns or 60-yard TD passes. They threw a bunch, which stopped the clock and gave me more possessions. And they kinda sucked ass. A perfect storm for a Category 5 beatdown.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Not sure where we stand.

I believe GT and Arizona still have to play. I'll get GT to play tonight most likely.

Michigan still has to play Alabama (I'm making that the last one played, just in case, Hustle gets his Xbox back before we advance).

11. Hank_Scorpio

Az, GT and myself left to play in this one.

12. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Eh, just move it along without me. Let's pretend I'm pulling a Kelly or any other coach who jolts his team before a BCS bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted