1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running EA College Football 2009 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Oh do we have controversy in the ranks this season.

Nebraska leapfrogs two teams to take second place in the BCS standings and a berth in the title game against Illinois.

Virginia Tech and Arizona held their ground at third and fourth.

Illinois, Nebraska and V-Tech were all tied at .994 in the BCS standings.

As consolation, VT's Irons takes home the Heisman.

User Bowl Games:
    Hawaii: Tulsa vs. Fresno
    Holiday: Texas A&M vs. Oregon
    Music City: Georgia vs. Georgia Tech
    Car Car: Boston College vs. Louisville
    Capital One: Alabama vs. Michigan
    Rose: Southern Mississippi vs. Arizona
    BCS: Nebraska vs. Illinois

Rankings went like this: 1 - Illinois (32 first place votes), 2 - Nebraska (22), 3 - Virginia Tech (6), 4 - Arizona (1).

Fresno has the only game this week, so should be able to advance in a day or two.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I am going to anally rape Pittsburgh (I'm playing them AGAIN in the Orange, right?). I will score 200 points against them if I have the chance. No running the ball, no backups, two-point conversions after every touchdown and an onsides kick every so often. They will pay in spades. They will LONG for the 87-27 whipping I gave them last year. LONG for it.

(watch me lose)

It's probably just as well. At least Jake gets a new opponent in the title game. And I probably won't even have the biggest blowout in the bowls (I don't want to think what AZ's gonna do against Southern Miss). And Irons got the Heisman, so that's cool.

Too bad this wasn't one of the earlier seasons, I'd have more energy or desire to do a hellfire-and-brimstone presser.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Wow. We just played each other in 10 the other day. Granted I think Jake and I are using two completely different offenses in 09.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Shit, forgot to include the Orange in my post above.

But,yea, you're facing Pitt in the Orange, Meat.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Wow. That's crazy. And yes, I run a different offense in 09. I don't believe I take even 10 % of my snaps from under center in 09. This should be fun.

6. Hank_Scorpio

We also have another user game in the bowls: Michigan vs. Alabama.

Hopefully, Hustle will have his Xbox back when we get to that game. Unfortunately, I fear I may have to set him to autopilot.

7. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

That blows, Meat. At least they could've given us a Ariz-VT matchup in another BCS bowl? Stupid.

8. Mystery Meat II

I know, right? Instead, I get a Pittsburgh team that'll be coming in on a tear ... having lost their last game 20-13 to Connecticut.

I liked how in the ESPN headlines section, one of the screens says something like "IS SOUTHERN MISS OVERCONFIDENT?" It's SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI. What in fuck do they have to be confident about?

But imagine how much fun we'd have, on this board and elsewhere, if this actually played out for reals? One team gets knocked out of a three-way tie atop the BCS and has to play a team it beat in the same bowl 87-27 the year before? Another unbeaten getting sent to the Rose to play, of all the teams on God's green earth, Southern Miss? I don't know how you'd phrase the argument "well, Virginia Tech won four user games and Nebraska didn't play any", but there's an SOS equivalent argument, I'd think.

9. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Sounds like you're working yourself into enough a tizzy that you will do a pregame presser. Just a guess.

Anyway, an update: After being promised that I'd be sent mailing labels to my e-mail - which hasn't happened in the two days since I called - I got them online. So I'm glad to see that *something* resulted from my calls and tweets to MS.

I'm working from home today, so I'm not certain I'll be able to escape long enough to get things shipped. I'm hopeful, but not confident, that I'll be able to get in the mail tomorrow, seeing as we're supposed to get another foot of snow. But by the end of the week, it'll be on its way, come hell or high water.

10. Mystery Meat II

Nah. However, it'd be funny if I did the Heisman ceremony where Irons throws the trophy in the trash because it's not the same as a berth in the national championship game. Or if he uses the trophy to attack the Nebraska and Illinois finalists. I think I watch too much pro wrestling.

11. JakeandElwood

I think we're going to need that presser, Meat.

12. JakeandElwood

I would say high water is more likely based on all the snow you have there. Good luck dude.

Draft saved Draft deleted