1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running EA College Football 2009 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yeah, I"m not sure how I should play it. I know the CPU takes into account close victories and values them more than say 70-17 games. I'll play it tomorrow early in the AM or around 4-6 mountain time.

good luck to Hustle and Meat

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hustle may need it, since his Xbox is en route to Texas right now. At least it should have cleared the snow regions by now.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Not quite yet, unfortunately.

After repeated tries, I've been unable to get a repair ticket launched online. For whatever reason, it refuses to recognize that I already have my XB registered in my name. After 20-some tweets with the support people, they recommended I call the number and have them help me get it started.

By the time I got that advice, it was Thursday morning. Between screwed-up work hours and generally trying to get ready for this massive snowstorm, I haven't gotten it in the mail yet. My hope is to have that done on Monday, on the assumption (and I think a pretty good one) that roads will be passable by then. Even if I could send it today, there's no place open to take it to.

So if everyone's ready to go, hit the button again. I can live with the result.

4. Madhavok

Playing now. I'm still No. 5 in the polls and I don't see myself moving up at all besides to No. 4.

5. Madhavok

No. 5 Nebraska 59, No. 1 Texas 34

RTA

6. Hank_Scorpio

Eh, you never know, Mad.

The polls may weight your win over No. 1 Texas pretty good, allowing you to jump over an idle Arizona. But yea, you likely don't have a chance at the BCS game.

There is, however, a pretty good chance the top four teams in the poll could be users.

7. Madhavok

Tis a shame. I finally have the pieces I needed for my offense and I won't get a chance to use them. Tho, here's hoping I get a user in a BCS bowl.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Well, you can always save it as an offline dynasty and continue it from there.

Obviously a little different than playing against human opponents though.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Bumpity.

Just Meat to play I believe, since Mad played and Hustle's Xbox is on vacation in beautiful Texas.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I'll bang that out tonight, probably after the Superb Owl

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

No. 3 Virginia Tech 80, No. 17 Clemson 22

RTA

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hustle is the last one to play, but with his Xbox visiting Dallas (or whatever Texas city it is), I'll advance tonight to the first round of bowl week.

If no user has a game, I'll advance to the second week.

Draft saved Draft deleted