1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running EA College Football 2009 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 7, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: The wheels are turning... EA College Football 2009 owners please respond

I'll tell you what I'm thinking... playoff.
    Random draw for the 12 teams, I setthe pairings...

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Miami (Ohio)-New Mexico State title game, anyone?

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Maybe not make it so random. Even if I was playing all the time, I bet I would get smoked. Give me the 12 seed. :)

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'd take the 11 or 10. I think I could at least beat StormSurge :D

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So slappy, can we do your cunning plan with six or seven or do we need the entire 12?

6. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I'm in. 360, of course.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

eight anyway... 10 would be good... 12 would be best... give it to Friday and see what shakes out...
    I appoint you minister of well... keeping track of the format and names...
    But if you volunteered, start paying attention on Friday and we'll start setting up a sked...
    Because... "I have a cunning plan..."

[​IMG]

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

;D

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to get a game going for the sake of it (not related to Slappy's idea), I'm down. Usually online around 6'ish MST until whenever. Derroneous is my gamertag.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I thought we were all journalists. How can anyone afford a PS3! I'm sticking with my PS2, besides, I am unbeatable in that version.

If anyone wants to play let me know.

And Slappy, if you organize a tournament, I may just rent an XBOX from blockbuster and play that way.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

How do you people who have the game for PS2 or PS3 plan to pick it up and play on 360? I can never do that -- pick up a game on a new system quickly. It took me forever to get good at sports games on the PS2 after moving from the N64, because I couldn't get the buttons down. I'd try throwing to the square receiver and end up throwing the ball away or just getting sacked because I couldn't find the square button fast enough. I just don't know how you can do that.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I think for the most part everyone already has the game on the 360 and have been playing it since August, when it was released.

Draft saved Draft deleted