1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running EA College Football 2009 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 7, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, am looking for board members who play and are pretty good at EA Sports College Football 2009.
    You'll need a way to be interactive with this. Not owning a Wii or Xbox, I dont know if a user on Xbox can play against someone with a PC....

So... are there any volunteers and can you answer some technical questions...

Am looking for 12 volunteers as opposed to 12 Volunteers, which would suck..

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Re: The wheels are turning... EA College Football 2009 owners please respond

I'm always up for an online game. To my knowledge you can't crossover systems. I have an Xbox 360, and I'll play anyone.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Slappy,

I'm your man. I played '08 religiously and I am waiting for christmas to get '09.

And no you can't cross over. PS2, PS3 AND XBOX are all different when it comes to college football, I've played them all.

Anyway, I'm still trapped in the 90s and using my ps2, so if anyone is ever up for a ranked game, let me know.

Also, Slap, in college I experimented with plugging the ps2 through the computer monitor and just using the monitor itself didn't work as well as a tv. Lots of lag.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm still disapointed with '09. Because in '08, Oklahoma was my team. I had a balanced playbook and a great 4-2-5 defense and was unstoppable. Now Oklahoma is No.2 and I feel cheap taking them. And there aren't a lot of teams with solid running backs. Pittsburgh has one, but they suck in the game. Same with Clemson and P.J. Hill is too slow for Wisconsin. Michigan also sucks, which isn't fun and West Virginia is lame because they are all as fast as Vince Young. I gotta find a go to team. Maybe Penn State, they are pretty balanced.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You can't crossover systems, but I know there's a bunch of people on here that have Xbox 360s, including myself.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, then which ever format is the first one to gather up 12 volunteers will allow me to proceed with step 2 of my cunning plan...

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I vote for 360.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Seconded, 360 vote.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Third.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I have a 360 & I was planning on picking up this game anyway. Count me in.

Let me know a start time for your scheme & I will plan accordingly.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Do I have to go steal a friend's 360? Because I made it a goal to win something among my SportsJournalists.com peers and anyone in the fantasy basketball league knows its not that.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, that's four...

Draft saved Draft deleted