1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Dog Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Jun 17, 2016.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

John B. Foster likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

IMG_20180501_115829_990 copy.jpg

HC likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Had a scare last week, got a call from wifey who got home to see a bunch of bloody mess around the house left by our apparently dehydrated 13-14 yr old choco lab. She took her to the vet and all I could think was "this is it" and recall the flashes of what joy she's brought to our family the past 9 years. Unbelievably, turns out it wasn't some fatal internal cancer and she's OKAY!! Amazing what love dogs bring every day.

John B. Foster, expendable and HC like this.
  4. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

Henry, weiner dog.
    Lost his eye last year when he attacked a deer in our backyard and was kicked.
    He also once attacked two bull mastiffs that were walking by our house. Luckily they were well trained and when he bit down on a back leg it just shook him off and kept walking

image.jpg

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I posted this in the Fun with Twitter thread a couple of weeks ago, but it really belongs here with the dog lovers.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Just because we have won victory, we must never relax our vigilance against the frenzied plots for revenge by the imperialists and their running ...oh wait.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Dick, puppies are soooo cute, but being a father, you're going to understand that they take as much time and effort as a new kid in the family (well if you want to do it right.) Take into consideration, you and the family can probably decide at times, perhaps even Friday night "hey tomorrow, let's just spend the day at _____ (hour drive or so)". Well with a new puppy, guess what? That flexibility is gone, "who's going to watch the puppy?" Now of course, if you have a family member or someone nearby who can dog watch for you, great. But for us, we could take our dogs to our boarder out in the country, they enjoyed it, great time, but it took planning, not just spur of moment, "we're out of here, please watch our dogs now."

Our lab is fantastic, she's concerned only with us, doesn't want to leave us or run away, ever, and if she perceives any stranger or potential threat to us, she transforms from sweet, loving dog to super dog (not hyper aggressive I'm going to bite you, just let's everyone know she's around and is not some shrinking violet.

We also have an Australian Shepherd and he's the most loyal dog in the planet, he'll never run away and only wants to be with the family. Very active though and needs to get that energy out somehow (he gets two walks a day and we try to play catch (like above) in the backyard as well.)

I love dogs and hope you guys find the love that we've found with our two dogs.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

When your dog doesn't want to come inside ...

10. SnarkShark

Not sure if this account has been brought up here before, but it’s pretty funny.

Batman, sgreenwell, Amy and 1 other person like this.
  11. SnarkShark

12. Flash

Flash Active Member

Pssst ... hey, you guys.

I got pinged about another rogue board and figured I'd check in on you all. Guess what I've done? Started a pet portrait photography business. It's a slow roll, getting my name out there and finding people who love their dogs enough to get pictures done. Ha!

Everything I do is in honor of my soulmate Shep who will have been gone four years on Aug. 20. Some of you may remember him.

Luckily, I have my beautiful practice model Bella and here's a recent picture of her.

Attached Files:

JakeandElwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted