1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Division formerly known as I-AA playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Nov 23, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Shameless.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Has someone talked SC down from the ledge yet?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Montana Media Bias is vastly overrated!

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Montana chokes and then my keyboard stops working. Coincidence? Or wrath of God for acting like a fangirl?

I blame (in this order) Bobby Hauck, Cole Berquist and the SEC :D

5. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

No offense, sc, but I think Montana just wasn't ready for this. Out of all the top four teams, the Griz had the easiest schedule.

The Big Sky was woefully weak this year, with Eastern Washington the only other team that was any good. No nonconference road games, and their nonconference games were against Southern Utah (0-11), Ft. Lewis (Division II) and Albany.

They need to play better teams if they want to be ready for the postseason.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's still all Cole Berquist's fault, dammit!

At some point, Bobby Hauck has to live up to expectations. All these early playoff exits are gonna get him canned.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Just waiting for New Hampshire to take care of Northern Iowa, so Delaware can have another home game.

8. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Hammer said this earlier, but I want to restate that Coach Ayers is a class act. A very kind gentleman who respects the game and all of the individuals involved.

Those who cover D-IA assholes (see: Nick Saban) don't know what they're missing.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

T-minus 45 minutes before kickoff in Cedar Falls. UNI has to start off strong and score early and often. The kids are gone for break, so the townies are going to have to show up and make an effort for home-advantage.

UNH is smelling blood for what happened in '05.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Suck it Griz.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You mean Grizzz.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Touchdown, UNI. Whitney Lewis 34-yd run at 9:52 left in the opening quarter.

UNI 7 UNH 0

Draft saved Draft deleted