1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running deadly force thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 25, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

George Zimmerman was the first time YankeeFan had ever heard the term "white Hispanic," so that counts as being the first time the term was ever used.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

White Hispanic:

[​IMG]

4. Dick Whitman

He joins Michael Sam, the first person to ever earn a January draft projection of third-to-seventh round, in the YF Hall of Fame.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

White Hispanic:

[​IMG]

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. I've learned so much.

If only I could learn something beyond the superficial about Michael Brown, or learn the names of the cops in St. Louis or Chicago so easily.

Can that be answered in a picture?

Surely reporters are digging into these questions as we speak. I'm sure I'll have my answers shortly.

7. Dick Whitman

I'm not sure anyone is defending any of that.

8. YankeeFan

Sure. But there was such a call for the name of the officer in the Michael Brown case.

Ferguson was accused of taking way too long to release it, and the public and media wanted the name.

St. Louis has now taken as long as Ferguson to release the name of their officers.

Is there any clamor among the public, the activists, or the media for their names?

Is the Post-Dispatch or the Chicago Tribune trying to learn their names. Maybe more interestingly, if they learned their names, would they report them before they had official confirmation from the Police Departments involved?

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It took years to learn that Prince Shembo was the ND rapist

10. YankeeFan

Toy department. Different standards.

Plus, access is way too important to dig into a story like that.

11. Dick Whitman

Everyone on the beat knew who the player was. It wasn't a matter of not digging. It was a matter of not reporting it.

12. Dick Whitman

Isn't the difference that there hasn't been raised a legitimate complaint about police misconduct in either of those cases?

Draft saved Draft deleted