1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

running cws thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Jun 16, 2006.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Nobody cares because everyone's in mourning about our pathetic World Cup team but North Carolina vs. Oregon State for the national championship.

Oregon State throws second straight shutout at Rice, wins 2-0, starter goes 7 2/3 on two-days rest. Beavers allowed four runs over 36 innings to win four straight elimination games after first-round loss; North Carolina won three in a row.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Them's some stingy Beavers.

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Carolina has not lost a game in the NCAA tournament, going 8-0 to reach the championship series. Pretty impressive.

4. micropolitan guy

Should be a great sesries. Oregon State allowed 3, 3, 3, 3, 0, (11), 3, 1, 0 and 0 runs while going 9-1 to reach the championship series. No. 1 starter (Buck) is doubtful for the rest of the season with a bum elbow.

BTW, this completes a great season for the Pac-10 in the NCAA's major sports.

Women's soccer: UCLA, runner-up
    Women's volleyball: Washington, champion
    Men's hoops: UCLA, runner-up
    Football: USC, runner-up
    Softball: Arizona, champion
    Baseball: Oregon State, champion or runner-up.

5. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

The lower half of the SEC is not annually rewarded with five or six regionals and super regionals. Hell, the entire SEC is not annually rewarded with five or six regionals and super regionals. Annual means every year, and I'm pretty sure it's easy to prove it doesn't happen every year. I'm not even sure it's happened often in the last 10 years, but I know it's not annual.

Anyway, I'm pulling for the Theodore Cleavers. We can't let the ACC streak end.

6. tardreedo

tardreedo Member

Can we get a "literally" count on Mike Patrick for the series?

The other day he was talking about how well the Oregon State players were hitting and said they were "literally on fire." Just a couple of minutes ago, he referred to UNC's 3-0 record heading into the finals saying the Tar Heels "literally sailed through" their bracket.

I'm keeping count now.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

**bumping it up**

Helluva game going on right now. The Tar Heels got themselves some young talent.

8. micropolitan guy

Excellent game, Carolina scores in the 8th and wins 4-3.

There will be a lot of pressure on Carolina to get back to Omaha next year, with much of their talent returning even with the pitching losses.

We really don't need to see any more shots of Roy Williams, though. Literally.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

North Carolina.

And is LSU ever going to hire a baseball coach?

10. micropolitan guy

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Only saw a couple of minutes tonight, but it was long enough to see that the Carolina starter had some filthy stuff. Clocked at 97 while I watched him.

EDIT: Andrew Miller, taken by Tigers with No. 6 pick earlier this month. No surprise from what I saw.

12. micropolitan guy

One more game. Carolina's pitching and defense implode, it blows a 5-0 lead and loses 11-7 to Oregon State. Beavers now 5-0 in elimination games.

Draft saved Draft deleted