1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "Cops be crazy yo" thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Jun 8, 2015.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Southland was a hidden gem of a TV show; thanks for posting a pic from it, Gator.

Gator likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's Texas. Public school teachers have no rights or protections. Hasta la vista.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Can't somebody go and put a few bullets in Sheriff Joe?

A Second Amendment Solution, so to speak.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I hate this crap. Why can't today's America ever just acknowledge incompetent work for what it is without running everything through the political wringer. You know, it is possible for both sides to be in the wrong.

Regardless of whether the partygoers were also in the wrong, the cop behaved like an imbecile, and apparently has a past history of doing the same, and deserved the consequences. But instead he'll be turned into a right wing martyr and end up profiting handsomely off his assholery. Nothing that infringes on political debate points can ever just be simply and honestly called what it is today.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    cjericho and Batman like this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thank you, Stoney, for stating it perfectly. I started writing something and figured I was going to come off like an idiot, but you nailed it.
    Whoever started the mess at the pool party was likely a moron.
    The cop who responded like he was heading to a burning donut shop was an even bigger moron.
    Just fire the cop, press whatever misdemeanor charges exist on the people at the party, and let's all get on with our lives. Don't make anyone a martyr or a cause, when they clearly don't deserve it.

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Did people on a journalism site really get sucked into believing the bad satire/click bait that is the News Examiner?

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Guess I would have to read it first.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

The headline alone should've triggered your bullshit meter.

Draft saved Draft deleted