1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "Cops be crazy yo" thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Jun 8, 2015.

1. TopSpin

TopSpin Member

So you're saying as an adult, you're scared of a bunch of teenagers despite all that training you received as a cop to use alternate methods for crowd control to diffuse a situation instead of escalating it? Glad you're not in law enforcement if your first reaction is to always pull your weapon.

studthug12 likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If I'm one of the two cops who were maintaining peace and trying to calm the situation I wanna' pistol-whip this fool ass for nearly escalating this into a riot. I saw a bunch of confused kids milling about wondering what the fuck was going on while this guy was doing barrel rolls like he's fucking T.J. Hooker.

studthug12 and Batman like this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. In case you haven't noticed, some cops overinduldge in the use of force. Until people started filming them with iPhones, they almost always got away with it. Who's going to argue?

These videos may be the best thing that has happened to improve policing in 100 years.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    franticscribe likes this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If there is no video of this, the girl who was taken down and the boys who came rushing are hauled off to juvie and probably get a mark on their record, and the police chief stands squarely behind his valiant serviceman who is just trying to make the community safer.

Film everything. EVERYTHING.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Who's the guy in the jorts and tan shirt?
    Does he have any official authority?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hey, what are the cops afraid of?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Filmed.

Not for the weak. Lots of blood. Pool of blood. Drowning in an ocean of blood.

Graphic Body Cam Footage Shows Killer Cop as He Murders an Innocent Unarmed Man | The Free Thought Project

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not in the least.

I am more uneasy by seeing how many times the narrative of the official police report has only a passing resemblance to the youtube video we are watching.

10. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

From my review of criminal procedure history in law school, my conclusion is that law enforcement's attempts at "self-regulation" (we'll honor the Constitution, we don't need any outside scrutiny!) are laughable. Until there is a price to be paid, law enforcement just protects themselves.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Nothing excuses the cop's behavior and I hope he gets fired and sued. But every report I've seen is burying the fact deep in the story that the kids did not live at the community and were trespassing at the pool that is reserved for residents and no more than two guests.
    All that said, the cops who stayed calm handled things very well. One butthole fuels the fire.

Baron Scicluna and Ace like this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Pretty long list. Girls in bikinis for one.

12-year-old black kids with toy guns.

Etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted