1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running conference semifinals/divisional playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, Jan 6, 2008.

1. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Let's have at it:

Packers 31, Seahawks 17 - Favre throws 2 TDs, Hasselbeck throws an ill-timed pick, Chris Berman waxes about "the frozen tundra"....all feels right up in cheese country.

Patriots 34, Jaguars 14 - Patriots will stack the box and make Garrard beat them by himself. He'll need to have a 25-39, 300-yard 3 TD type of game, and I have no reason to believe he can do that. Pats will get plenty of bumps and bruises, but they'll get win #17.

Colts 31, Chargers 14 - I'm not jumping on the Chargers' bandwagon after today - they simply wore down an undermanned opponent with their superior talent and depth. The Colts will not be nearly as outclassed physically and are playing at home.

Cowboys 35, Giants 24 - Eli plays well again against a defense that can't cover down the field. But Romo and his offense, even with T.O. limited, are too much for the Giants' suspect secondary.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Seahawks 26, Packers 15

Giants 27, Cowboys 23

Jaguars 23, Patriots 20

Colts 38, Chargers 20

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Packers over Seaturkeys

Cowboys over Giants

Patriots over Jags, but it's close

Colts over Chargers

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Packers 27, Seahawks 24 -- These two always seem to play close games. I like the Packers at home with Grant helping to move the chains. Boy, has he been a nice find.

Patriots 38, Jaguars 28 -- Jaguars will score points, but not enough. I don't like the defense to stop Brady and Moss enough to make a difference. And if Garrard has to rally the Jags ... no way.

Colts 28, Chargers 17 -- If Manning set up Vinatieri for a chip-shot field goal to win the game in San Diego after he threw six picks, the Colts ought to win with a much better all-around performance next week.

Giants 21, Cowboys 17 -- I picked the Redskins to win next week, so I'll be consistent and take the Giants. Eli delivers again while the Cowboys' late-season struggles on offense doom them. Jessica Simpson weeps.

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Colts 31, Chargers 29 ... Vinatieri makes the FG this time
    Jags 27, Patriots 24 ... I just have a hunch.

Packers 35, Seahawks 10 ... Seattle isn't very good. Green Bay is decent.
    Cowboys 24, Giants 13 ... Eli throws 3 INTs and gets roasted in NY for the next eight months.

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Packers 30, Seahawks 21
    Patriots 31, Jaguars 18
    Colts 28, Chargers 17
    Giants 17, Cowboys 14

Pats vs. Colts and Packers vs. Giants in championship games.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

-- Seahawks 19, Packers 16
    -- Jacksonville 30, New England 24
    -- Indianapolis 44, San Diego 17
    -- Dallas 26, N.Y. Giants 13

Draft saved Draft deleted