1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running comic books thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Mar 6, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

I've been eating up "The Walking Dead" by Robert Kirkman. I've always been a huge zombie fan, but those are great books (I only buy the trade copies that are made up of 6 issues).

other than that, I've read a couple issues of Y, which is great.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In other words...the cartoon come to life.

When they play Cobra Commander as a ruthless badass, he's interesting. The bumbling coward is just annoying.

And I understand it might be difficult to translate a hero who is mute and wears a mask to the screen, but you find a way because it ain't G.I. Joe without Snake Eyes.

This will be be much worse than Fantastic Four, which I actually kind of enjoy as long as I ignore the difference between that Dr. Doom and the one in the comics.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

None really in the series itself. Just a bunch of B-listers.

They saved the only death that really matters until Captain America #25.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

So, Marky Mark is supposed to be signed on for the new G.I. Joe movie.
    Just makes me think that franchise peaked with the animated movie, which kicked ass.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

RIP
    Steve Rogers

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Anyone keeping up with the Justice series painted by Alex Ross?
    I picked up No. 10 today. It finally hit my town, damn DC and their erratic production schedule.
    But Ross is a genius. I'd buy the phone book if he did the art.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I loooooooove Y, but having moved to BFE with no comic book store within 150 miles has put a damper on keeping up with it. No spoilers, please, because I'm waiting until I can order all the trades at once.

I also worship the ground David Mack walks on.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Captain Amercia is the force behind Stephen Colbert's "The Word" segment tonight.

Pretty good.

9. One book I really got into was Next Wave by Warren Ellis, he of Transmetropolitan fame. The writing was crisp and the art was top notch. Have also dug X-Statix, too. I took a break from comics from around 1988 to earlier this year, but kept up on some titles, mainly via the graphic novel or hardback omnibus versions.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

can any of the comic book geeks fans/readers recommend a good website to go to check on the value of comic books?

11. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

I think he'll be back. If it were this easy to kill him, the Red Skull -- who's been trying to do so since the 1940's -- would have done it long ago. Maybe after the Hulk kicks the crap out of all things Illuminati-related this summer, they'll bring him back.

12. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

According to our friends at Wikipedia:

In Civil War: The Initiative, Ms. Marvel claims that Captain America is not dead but "...tucked away safe on the Raft... They're trying to save his life even as we speak."

Draft saved Draft deleted