1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running comic books thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Mar 6, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Y: The Last Man just screams to be made into a movie (S)
    I've been wondering about the cast: Lucy Liu, Jada Pinkett Smith, Anna Paquin and I don't know about the guy, I was thinking maybe the dude from Heroes, the one who plays Peter Petrelli (SP)

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

When I read the book, I always pictured Neil Patrick Harris (which would be funny now - the last man on earth character to be played by a gay man). I think Shia LaBeouf would be good tho.

Also recommend:
    Preacher (which HBO just picked up as a series)

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Still hoping "Watchmen" eventually gets the big-screen treatment.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I didn't at first, but she grew on me. She's the one least like any character in the comics.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

The dude who directed 300 and the Dawn of the Dead remake (Zack Snyder?) is working on it. Should be his next picture.

Another recommendation: EX MACHINA

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Terry Gilliam had the option at one time, but I don't the FX were up to speed at that point.

7. I'd like to see DMZ get the treatment, too. Excellent book published via DC that is relevant given current events.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm loving this thread. Piotr, I'm glad Seige Perilous was before my time on the books, but I missed a lot of great stuff before that. Got to love trade paperbacks.

All the events didn't suck. I liked Age of Apocolypse (though the sequel was horrid). Onslaught had its moments, though overall it wasn't great. There was one tie-in where the Hulk is part of a group of heroes attacking Onslaught. He shows that he doesn't care how many of his comrades fall as long as he wins and seems to beat Onslaught, only to find out it was the bad guy messing with their heads.

The way the other heroes looked at the Hulk with a new understanding of how ruthless he can be was priceless.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I mentioned this in another post, but the new issue of Batman was phenomenal. If you haven't read it, do so. Very different, very creepy.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

HUGE SPOILERS BELOW!!

Captain America dies in the next issue of his mag:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070307/ap_on_en_ot/captain_america

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn, my screen at work is too big. I saw the whole post at once. I knew there was a big death coming, bigger than anything in the actual Civil War. There is supposedly a seriies of one-shots dealing with how different Marvel characters deal with a death, so it made sense that it would be somebody beloved (in the Marvel U) like Captain America. Just didn't think they would go through with it.

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

If you have Yahoo! mail, you'd see this anyway. It's their lead story when you log out of mail.

Draft saved Draft deleted