1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running College Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by longjumper42, Nov 13, 2006.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Haha, stupid Canadians. ;D ;) :p :-*

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Ended up sitting next to the Miami band at the Worcester regional last season. They rocked that night, even if their team didn't.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You know what? I knew that. I just skidded on a dumb patch.

Also, what does Anchorage do? Go on a three month road trip? :)

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Two interesting facts about UAA...

Yes, JR, they do come to the continental US and stay. I know in the past they have come to Mpls. to play the Gophers, stayed the week and bussed up twice to play St. Cloud the next week, then bussed up to Duluth and practiced there all week before they played the Dogs. So I guess that's a three-week roadtrip, but it is kind of insane.

And I believe the Wolves still have to pay other teams' travel costs to Anchorage, per the agreement that put them in the WCHA.

5. North61

North61 Member

I cover a jr. hockey team where one of the players has committed to UAA. He's pretty excited after three years playing in jr. hockey towns.

Reporting aside and changing the subject - what is the best college hockey rivalry?

UMD vs Golden Rats is my pick. In the DECC!

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

BC and BU gets pretty heated.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Maine-UNH
    Michigan-Ohio State
    Wisconsin-Minnesota
    Colorado College-Denver

8. longjumper42

longjumper42 Member

my vote for best rivalry goes
    UND vs. UM
    BC vs. BU
    UW vs. UM

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

BC-BU probably takes it, if only because the Gophers are the top rival for any number of teams: St. Cloud State, UMD, Wisconsin, North Dakota. A growing rivalry is UND-Wisconsin.

The New Ralph really took some of the bitterness out of Minnesota-UND, with the student section no longer on top of the ice. Kind of a bummer.

10. longjumper42

longjumper42 Member

you are absolutely correct on that. The old ralph was much better... and you could throw dead frozen animals on the ice....and not get kicked out for the rest of your natural life.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And the students would wait in line all day for tickets and grill and drink in January in ND.

Then when the Gopher bus would pull up, let the rain of beer bottles and snowballs and dead rodentia begin.

Good times.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Noooooo
    Michigan-Ohio State is not the same rivalry in hockey...
    It's Michigan-Michigan State in hockey....

Draft saved Draft deleted